Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC recognizes the first DVD driver only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two disc drivers. One is real DVD driver, another virtual driver. XBMC
can seem not to recognize the second driver, no option on this in system setting. It puzzled me I changed the driver letter one to another while watching the iso file or DVD.

thx for favour
I think this is a known limitation. I forget exactly why the limitation exists.

JR
perhaps because xbmc already handles iso files natively ?
jhsrennie Wrote:I think this is a known limitation. I forget exactly why the limitation exists.

JR

The limitation brings a big trouble when having more than one disc drive. It's acceptable way letting me select the drive letter which has the disc. Of course, that's so good if XBMC can detect the disc loading automaticlly.
Its a legacy coming from the xbox days. There would be a few changes required to adopt it using more than on drive for auto play. Since most of us have only one or no dvd drive it wasn't changed.
only auto play and context menu play should be affected. browsing should be fine.
Thx Wiso.
I forget it playing the iso file through seleting the major video file in the browsing list. But we have to use the virtual drive some time, that would be a wonderful thing if XBMC can detect the disc loading for auto play.