Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VC-1 Stereo only? WMV/WMAPro - If normal, lmk.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I thought I'd post this question because I've never asked and I've searched and couldn't find an answer.

I've got a ton of old movies encoded in WMVPro 1080p , originally for my xbox360, which output digital 5.1 etc but in XBMC output in 2.0 stereo. Is this normal?

If so, thats fine, I just want to make sure. H264 is my codec of choice these days anyway.
What you are talking about, are Video-Codecs that got nothing to do with your audio...

please check your options if multichannel downmix is activated... is digital audio output activated?

How is the media center connected to your A/V?

Greetz
Zuphael
multi channel downsample to stereo is not checked, my audio is set to digital, and every other h264 movie plays with DTS/Dolby just fine. Everything is output through HDMI to my receiver.
hmmm. please check the file with MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de) if there ist really just a 2ch sound.
Probably your file has WMA or AAC Multichannel Audio and your receiver is just capable of DTS and AC3?

Xbox 360 does an on-the-fly transcode to AC3 (or DTS), but XBMC does not - it's just offering to downmix to stereo, but not to re-encode to another compressed 5.1 format.
triumvirrr Wrote:Probably your file has WMA or AAC Multichannel Audio and your receiver is just capable of DTS and AC3?

Xbox 360 does an on-the-fly transcode to AC3 (or DTS), but XBMC does not - it's just offering to downmix to stereo, but not to re-encode to another compressed 5.1 format.

I think this was the case, and I found that If i set my reciever to Multi Channel In, it actually works like 5.1 and digital at that. The only difference is that my receiver will not use any Audissey based settings in this mode, which is not a big deal.

thanks for the info guys.