Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Run XBMC for Windows without DirectX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install xbmc on a company laptop for use when I am on business trips. I've managed to install it, but when I try to run it, it won't load because of directx files missing. My IT group are strict about things they will install and since I don't have admin rights, I can't install directx. Is there a way to run xbmc without directx installed? I'm not very hopeful, but I thought there might be. Also, can an xbmc live usb drive run within windows? I do not have the ability to boot to USB or a CD/DVD. It would be great to plug it in, run it via live USB, and not have to mess with any settings. Am I just out of luck or does someone know a fix?

Thanks!
You might try the (completely unsupported) GL version for windows.

Otherwise, you are out of luck. Strange that you can't boot off usb stick - one presumes they've locked out changing the boot order in the BIOS?
The computers are locked down because they are gov. I can barely even use USB drives on here, and that's only because I need it for my work. I got the gl version working. Thanks for the tip!