Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dropped sound while playing network media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC gurus and gods,

I don't know where to even put this post (devs move if need be)

Here is the particulars:

I have an Iomega storcenter ix2 (NAS) running the lastest firmware attached to Buffalo WHR running dd-wrt software v24.
My HTPC is an amd 64 based Ubuntu 9.10 minimal running xbmc 9.11 r26108
I have a SIIG soundwave 7.1 soundcard passing audio to my nvidia 9400gt and getting my audio thru HDMI to my Yamaha vx-r665

The issue is that when watching/listening to any media I get a random audio drop. Picture plays as normal but I lose audio for a second or two.

To make it worse it happens when I access the same media off the NAS from my xp based computer using Itunes.

I use to use a Dlink DIR 825 but switched thinking it was the cause of the drop. As it is a complete waste of plastic.

My home network is all running on cat5e cable.

It is driving me crazy. I don't even know where to start trouble shooting the network or the NAS. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

forgot to add that I do have a netgear GS605 switch between my HTPC and the router. However this is not likely the source of the problem seeing that I get the drop between my xp machine and the nas and they are both connected to the router.
i know everyone gets mad when you bump your own posts...but, this is really killing me. Anyone have any idea why the sound drops out?

please help any ideas would be more than appreciated.