Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CPU Temps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to monitor CPU temps while in xbmc? I'm running the latest release of Camelot Live. I did some searching and can't find anything specific.

On a related note, why does xbmc show two cpu's (CPU0 & CPU1) on a system with an Atom 230? It shows different values in terms of % load for each. Strange.
You should be able to get at the atom thermal info via lm-sensors by now. There's an advanced setting that allows you to supply a shell command to run for the CPU temperature. See the wiki for details.

You see two "CPU"s because the atom n230 has hyper-threading, which linux sees as two separate scheduling units.
Thanks for explanation on the 230 hyperthreading. Didn't realize that would mimic dual core.

I found the wiki examples and will try and find out how to specify the shell commands for my system. The examples in the wiki did not work. I will research lm-sensors.

Thanks!
Ok, I now have coretemp.ko installed and working along with the advancedsettings.xml entry. Can someone tell me where I can see the temps while in xbmc? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just can't find it. I've tried a couple different skins too.

Thanks.
Ugh!

Rebooting removes all traces of the modules I've added and updated.

These are the two things I need to do.

sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
sudo insmod coretemp.ko

Do I have to add these modules to the initrd.img?