Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 9.11 crash on update library movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the following issue: Whenever I update my movie library XBMC just shuts down. Since I installed 9.11 final release I rebuild my library from scratch, it scraped a couple of movies fine but at some point it started crashing.

I looked up the last good scraped movie, moved the one it crashes on to another location, rescanned the library, couple of movies fine and then again a crash.

Now the temp moving of the movies doesnt work anymore, XBMC just crashes on me.

Here is what I've done so far:
- enabled debug in advanced settings (http://pastebin.ca/1748568) : No errors appear in the log when it crashes
- searched through the forum: no similar problems found
- scanned my HDD for bad blocks using XP error checking, defragmented, did some checkups using seatools and the drive passed all the tests: it still crashes

I had no problems with the previous version of XBMC whatsoever... And I have no problems with my TV library which is much bigger...

Does someone have another trick in his sleeve to troubleshoot this? I'm clueless atm... Huh
I would try backing up the contents of your userdata folder then deleting it in case the library has been damaged. When you start XBMC it will create a new empty library.

JR
OK I think I have found what was causing the crash. I had a couple of 2CD movies where CD1 was unrarred and CD2 was not. This caused XBMC to crash but didn't display any debug messages.

If there weren't any long movies that sucked I wouldn't have had this problem Wink