Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I add a local folder as source???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for noob quesiton.. im finding it quite hard trying to find the right places to search for such basic info.. info can seem so overwhelming and fragmented, particularly to someone with no linux exposure!!!

I thought I could simply create a folder somewhere in the user folder, eg, userdata.. but cant then seem to add it as a source...

I just want to be able to store local content rather than having to stream...

Im sure ill kick myself, rather hard.. or probably have a q of people willing to do it!!!.. be gentle!!!!
lets say you created a folder in your home directory called movies so the path looks like that:

Code:
/home/your_user/movies

then add new source and just type it in the window

/home/your_user/movies

give it a local name and you are all set

your_user is whatever user is running xbmc session , most likely it is xbmc

so the path looks like that:

/home/xbmc/movies

can it be any easier then that ? Smile
Click add source

Type the path into the available space, rather than browsing for the share
eg; /home/you/Video.

Give it a name and click OK

E.E.
DrMedia Wrote:Sorry for noob quesiton.. im finding it quite hard trying to find the right places to search for such basic info.. info can seem so overwhelming and fragmented, particularly to someone with no linux exposure!!!

I thought I could simply create a folder somewhere in the user folder, eg, userdata.. but cant then seem to add it as a source...

I just want to be able to store local content rather than having to stream...

Im sure ill kick myself, rather hard.. or probably have a q of people willing to do it!!!.. be gentle!!!!

Just manually add the path. I have my network shares mounted to /media but couldn't see how to browse them in the UI. But, manually adding the path (eg: /media/Multimedia/Audio/FLAC) worked just fine.
Cheers!! never thought of manually enering the path, just used to point and click!!

Dont I feel like a wallyNod