Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2013-01-25, 19:19)CosyCat Wrote: [ -> ]okey I have tried xot on my raspberry pi and svtplay is workin with xot but quality is like svtplay plugin when I turn of avc1.77.30. So no HD playback in xot but its working.

Guess I have to wait till this strange codec is working on my platform.

.... Some older program is working in HD with svtplay plugin like it used to.

Ok, I guess there are no differences at all between XOT and the SVT add-on thus it might be a general codec problem on the RPi. From what rpi-dist did you get the codec from? Do you have the correct (but free) H.246 license? It was issued after the 24th aug 2012. Also, there are some general issues one should be aware of regarding the RPi codec hardware support. Check the following links:
(2013-01-25, 20:39)flyingrat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-25, 19:19)CosyCat Wrote: [ -> ]okey I have tried xot on my raspberry pi and svtplay is workin with xot but quality is like svtplay plugin when I turn of avc1.77.30. So no HD playback in xot but its working.

Guess I have to wait till this strange codec is working on my platform.

.... Some older program is working in HD with svtplay plugin like it used to.

Ok, I guess there are no differences at all between XOT and the SVT add-on thus it might be a general codec problem on the RPi. From what rpi-dist did you get the codec from? Do you have the correct (but free) H.246 license? It was issued after the 24th aug 2012. Also, there are some general issues one should be aware of regarding the RPi codec hardware support. Check the following links:
I use latest (not nightly) raspbmc. I read that apple tv have exact same problem.
Everything worked before 2013 before svt changed codec. Some old programs still works in HD. But all new stuff is jumping and not watchable.

Thanks for the links.

(2013-01-25, 21:00)CosyCat Wrote: [ -> ]I use latest (not nightly) raspbmc. I read that apple tv have exact same problem.
Everything worked before 2013 before svt changed codec. Some old programs still works in HD. But all new stuff is jumping and not watchable.

Thanks for the links.

You are welcome! Big Grin

Another possibility is that the SD material from SVT Play is streamed with MPEG2 and to get hardware support for that codec you need to buy an additional licence (although very cheap)...
Hi folks, I've done some testing with SVT Play 3.1.3 on Frodo rc3. It looks fine with pc's running Win XP, Vista and Win7. But there seems to be a problem with the avc1.77.30 (H.264 level 3) codec on the RPi as well as on the apple devices iPhone/iPad, Mac and ATV. They all work with a disabled avc1.77.30 but with a much lower (or rather bad) picture quality.

This is quite odd since:

1. The Apple platforms supports both the H.264 Baseline and Mainline Profile level 3 (720×576@25) and 3.1 (1280×[email protected]).
2. The RPi GPU supports up to "H264 level 4.1" - 1080p30 H.264 AVC High Profile Level 4.1 (BP/MP/XP/HiP including CBP) with the BCM2835 which is same h264 hardware decoder as the BCM970012.
H.264 profiles and levels explained:
I guess there is a general implementation problem with the XBMC H264 codec on these platforms. There are some another forums discussing the same issue on the RPi:
Update: I did some tracing of the "SVT Play" app that is available for iPad. One can clearly notice it handles h264 level 3 (i.e. avc1.77.30) streams without any problems. Time to open a trac-ticket (trac.xbmc.org) ??
--
seems to have to do with cache buffer not beeing used: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154016 and also https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay/issues/58
Hi

Having problem with the subtitle in the SVT Play addon. When starting a movie from the beginning the subtitle's working fine throughout the whole movie. But when you are jumping or resume a movie it's like the subtitle starts from the beginning.
This happens in 9 out of 10 cases.
Anyone else notice this?
I've tried the 3 latest version of SVT Play and both Frodo RC2, RC3 and Final.
Will post log upon request.

/ Quiz0ne
(2013-02-05, 10:28)Quiz0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Having problem with the subtitle in the SVT Play addon. When starting a movie from the beginning the subtitle's working fine throughout the whole movie. But when you are jumping or resume a movie it's like the subtitle starts from the beginning.
This happens in 9 out of 10 cases.
Anyone else notice this?
I've tried the 3 latest version of SVT Play and both Frodo RC2, RC3 and Final.
Will post log upon request.

/ Quiz0ne

I've seen the same, though this is not an issue with the addon but in xbmc itself. Search the forum for other users with the same issue/start a new thread with a full debug log for the xbmc devs to look at.
Would it be possible to make all the live channels available? SVT has changed the structure a bit since the live channels became available. Theres a new view, "Kanaler" including all the channels.
It's a WIP!
(2013-02-06, 08:10)andersmh Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to make all the live channels available? SVT has changed the structure a bit since the live channels became available. Theres a new view, "Kanaler" including all the channels.

All the live channels is working now under "Kanaler".
It's a shame though the livefeed is only SD quality Sad

All the pre-recorded stuff is in 720....Nod
When trying to browse BestOfSVT I just get script error.. I get the first level but can't navigate further. Same problem on two different XBMC-installs. Just me or for everyone?
(2013-02-09, 13:49)Novin Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to browse BestOfSVT I just get script error.. I get the first level but can't navigate further. Same problem on two different XBMC-installs. Just me or for everyone?
It's known and a solution is being developed together with the site responsible.

https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay/pull/66

Update: Fix is done. It will go live as soon as XBMC pulls the new version (3.1.6) into their repository.
Oops!
Sorry, wrongpost, Please Delete Blush
I am having issues with all new content since the last week in january on my Raspberry Pi, both in raspbmc and in openelec. The same thing with xot-uzg. Everything flutters (extremely low frame-rate).
Any ideas?
(2013-02-10, 20:04)mental_istid Wrote: [ -> ]I am having issues with all new content since the last week in january on my Raspberry Pi, both in raspbmc and in openelec. The same thing with xot-uzg. Everything flutters (extremely low frame-rate).
Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue with Apple tv 2, XBMC v.12 and on xot-uzg as well...
For instance when I try TV6, it looks good, only SVT play and program like Brottet.

//C
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42