Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV show found, eps enumerated but not added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a lot of TV show (mainly anime) that are found in theTVdb, where a regex is able to enumerate the episode numbers correctly but that are not added to the library. However, a few series do actually get added.

I run XBMC 9.11 on a diskless PXE booted Gentoo machine.

I already tried different valid regexes with which XBMC can correctly enumerate the episode numbers. I don't use any tvshows.nfo files. But XBMC keeps complaining about "make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place"...

for example this series: http://pastebin.com/m1a0d2ce8
As you can see, the show is found and valid <episodeguide> tags are returned. I checked the returned zip-file and it contains xml files describing the individual episodes.
Also the episodes are correctly found as (e1), (e2), (e3), ....
But then on line 20 there is a PCRE error "Match limit reached" and then XBMC starts complaining about a missing episodeguide...

The shows reside in a structure like this
Code:
Anime <-- scraper: theTVdb, absolute numbering enabled
\- <Series name>
     \- <Series episode>
Is this an error in the theTVdb data? which I find hard to believe as 70% of the series I have get this same type of behaviour. And about 25% is actually correctly added.
Or is this a bug in the scraper?
Or an error in my configuration or filenaming?
bump...
I assume this is not normal behaviour?

Is it a bug? Can I help debugging it?
Is it a configuration error? Can someone help me find it?
...anything?
thetvdb.com is down.
now? at the moment? I can perfectly browse thetvdb.com
Anyway, I always get this problem, also when thetvdb.com is up for certain..

I also assume that, if thetvdb.com is down at the moment of scraping, I shouldn't be able to receive details about the show itself from it as you can see happening on line 9 of http://pastebin.com/m1a0d2ce8
Or is there something I'm misunderstanding?
hrmf, pcre complains about some buffers overflowing.

# 23:06:53 T:2988194704 M:625184768 ERROR: PCRE: Match limit reached

no idea what makes that happen, but it is the source of your issue.
Thanks for you reply but at the moment I don't really have a clue about how this scraping thing works. Could you point me to a direction of where to start looking for a possible cause of that error?
Can I find out somewhere what regex and on what string(s) it is causing this PCRE error/overflow?
Could it be some compile-time set hard-limit on recursion depth of PCRE? (what actually is the limit?)
Other hints?
it could be all of those Smile

i would start by adding some verbosity to xbmc/utils/ScraperParser.cpp.
and check what the pcre limits are at (we don't do anything to them, so it should be the defaults). it's very likely a too greedy expression in the <GetEpisodeList> in system/scrapers/video/tvdb.xml