Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confluence MusicLyricsView
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Confluence offers several views when playing Music, List, Big List, Media Info, etc. Now I would like to add a new view displaying Lyrics whenever a song is played in the following way (in addition to displaying the path in the file view):

Music > Singer English > Leonard Cohen > Greatest Hits :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01. Song 1...xx:yy | Song 3 (playing)
02. Song 2...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
03. Song 3...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
04. Song 4...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
05. Song 5...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
06. Song 6...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
07. Song 7...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics
08. Song 8...xx:yy | lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics lyrics

Several questions:

1. Is it sufficient to add a new <include name="MusicLyricsListView"> in skin/Confluence/720p/ViewsMusicLibrary.xml ?

2. If so, where do I define the string for the new View name? I did not see a $LOCALIZE[xxx] in the View definitions, nor a name in language/*/strings.xml

3. The trickier part, in ViewsMusicLibrary.xml, how to I define how to catch the event when a song is selected for playing, similar to an event handler calling a script?

4. How do I define the Lyrics pane, or could I simply copy the pane definition from skin/Confluence/720p/script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml ?

5. Provided the start of a song was caught && there is a song.lrc next to the song.mp3, how could I populate the lyrics pane with the contents?

Any help is very much appreciated so I can start working on it.

Kind regards,
peter
short answer: not possible.
Hello,

may I ask why it is not possible, what aspect of it is not possible and how can it be mitigated?

For example, would it work if a special key has to be pressed in order to make the lyrics be displayed for a currently playing song?

(The MusicOSD has allegedly such a button, but I could not see it, even when I enabled Lyrics in the skin, and configured the CU Lyrics script).

With a button press, I could probably change the CU lyrics script not to download the lyrics, but simply take a lrc file with the same basename as the file being played, provided that the filename can be obtained from the musicplayer within the python script.
peter
1. you will also have to include the new view in MyMusicNav.xml
2. the name of the view should be specified like this:
Code:
<viewtype label="31030">list</viewtype>
the label localized. the string can be either in xbmc's language file or the Confluence language file.
3. i think the closest you can get to this is use the 'Player.HasAudio' boolean,
it will return true whenever music is playing, so not exactly what you're looking for.
4. that won't work. the script will make the lyrics only available to it's own window, not to the rest of the skin.
5. you can't do this with skinning. you'll need a script if you want to read the contents of a file.
Hello and thanks for your comments,
ad 3.: It is not the state I am interested in, but the transition, i.e. from not playing to playing, or from changing the song. Then I would like to be notified, find the lyrics and display them in a pane.
peter