Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lirc setup ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I know there are a lot of threads about this topic, but i still have a problem and find no way to fix it. I have read a lof of wiki paged and HowTo about it, but still get the remote not working. What i have done is.

1. create new lircd.conf with irrecord
2. check if lircd is working
Code:
irw
0000000077e15019 00 KEY_UP apple.conf
0000000077e13019 00 KEY_DOWN apple.conf
0000000077e19019 01 KEY_LEFT apple.conf
0000000077e16019 01 KEY_RIGHT apple.conf
0000000077e1a019 00 KEY_PLAY apple.conf
0000000077e1c019 00 KEY_MENU apple.conf
3. create new "Lircmap.xml" and a symbolic link "lircmap.xml" in ~/.xbmc/userdata and a symbolic link of both xml files in "~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps"
Code:
<lircmap>
    <remote device="apple.conf"
        <play>KEY_PLAY</play>
        <up>KEY_UP</up>
        <down>KEY_DOWN</down>
        <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
        <right>KEY_RIGHT</right>
        <menu>KEY_MENU</menu>
    </remote>
</lircmap>
4. create new "keymap.xml" and a symbolic link "Keymap.xml" in ~/.xbmc/userdata and a symbolic link of both xml files in "~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps"
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
    <menu>Menu</menu>
    <up>Up</up>
    <down>Down</down>
    <left>Left</left>
    <right>Right</right>
    <play>Select</play>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

But nothing happend when i use the remote. It would be very nice if someone is able to help me. THANKS

big_blue
Typo? <remote device="apple.conf" is missing the ">".
Thank you. I added the ">" but still the same problem.
Uhm, why are you using a keymap.xml? XBMC uses keyboard.xml and remote.xml these days.
ok. I read the wiki pages and some HowTo here and the are talking about these two files. I try to get some informations about your files. If i need help i will post again.
I copied the Files to keyboard.xml and remote.xml but still the same problem.
Hi and thanks for the help. A new day with a new chance but still the same problem.

I do some test with my config but still get the remote not working. I create a keyboad.xml file:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
        <menu>Menu</menu>
        <up>Up</up>
        <down>Down</down>
        <left>Left</left>
        <right>Right</right>
        <play>Select</play>
    </remote>
    <keyboard>
              <a>Up</a>
          <up>Down</up>
          <down>Up</down>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
The keyboard section is working fine but the remote does nothing. I also copied the old lircmap.xml to remote.xml. I donĀ“t know why the keyboard section is working fine but the remote section is not working. I also read a lot about universal remote but in my mind this is not the correct section. I also try to get the remote code by using the advancedsettings.xml. But i get no remote informations. I only get the debug output.

advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>
    <displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks for your help

*UPDATE*
I tested the lirc configuration with the mplayer and it is working. There is also only a problem with the configuration of xbmc with the lirc ir adapter.