Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for Mac really unstable or just me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive been using Plex for ages which I never had any issues with but I have recently started trying to use XBMC, for things like media flags etc.. No matter what skin I use XBMC just seems to randomly crash.

It crashes randomly when I try anything of the following :-

Download plugin
Try Scanning Music Library
Go into appearance settings
Customise skin

Ive deleted the xbmc in application support folder and tried a new copy of xbmc and it still crashes.

Anyone got any ideas?
Please enable debug logging and pastebin the full xbmc.log.
Thanks for your help

This was just trying to install a plugin.

http://pastebin.com/m3d8cb4d6
Mind trying again with the default skin?
That seemed to be okay. Installed okay.

Ive used the following Themes, Alaska, Aeon, Showmix all seem to crash randomly.

Is it a fault with those themes?
for crashes, pastebin the crashreporter.log
okay next time it crashes I will paste both logs.
Thanks again
Most likely. Please upgrade to a more recent build and report back if its still crashing using mentioned skins. Download at http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/
Sorry for the stupid question. Once I downloaded latest, How do you upgrade it? Just drop it into existing folder overwriting?
drop it in.
Well Im a former Plex user aswell, and I to thinks XBMC seems less stable. But to be fair, lately, XBMC development seems much more agressive so I guess If you always want the latest and gratest, there is a tradeoff.

One thing ive noticed ALOT of lately is that if I pause a movie, go away for awhile, and try and restart the movie later, XBMC will hang. When I force quit it, the dock is gone and Ill have to go into Dock prefs and deselect "Automatically hide and show the dock"

Really weird behavior, Ill do my best to get a log (never done it before, ill read up on howto)
RckStr Wrote:Well Im a former Plex user aswell, and I to thinks XBMC seems less stable. But to be fair, lately, XBMC development seems much more agressive so I guess If you always want the latest and gratest, there is a tradeoff.

One thing ive noticed ALOT of lately is that if I pause a movie, go away for awhile, and try and restart the movie later, XBMC will hang. When I force quit it, the dock is gone and Ill have to go into Dock prefs and deselect "Automatically hide and show the dock"

Really weird behavior, Ill do my best to get a log (never done it before, ill read up on howto)

really need xbmc.log or some indication of what version you might be running. Also which OSX version you are running under. It's a little hard to guess, there are many permutation.
Wow, I must say Im impressed by the fast responses on this forum ;-)

Im running Camelot (regular version, not a nightly build) on 10.6.2
Im using 3 macs in total with this exact setup (one imac, two minis).
They all experience this behaviour.

I have my userdata centralized with each mac symlinking to it, but i make sure not to run more than one xbmc instance at any given time. This worked fine in plex and seems to be working fine in xbmc aswell so I dont think, but I cant be sure, that this isnt whats causing this undesired behavior.

Ill reproduce the behaviour this weekend and post a log as soon as i find out how. Ill read up on howto shortly.

Again, thanks for the fast reply davilla. Support on this forum really is second to none!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report

If it crashes you'll also get a crash report which will be most helpful in narrowing things down - that page contains all the info you need to get both the debug log and crash report.

Cheers,
Jonathan
My XBMC on my mac is crashing too... much like the explained behaviour. Looking for logs now.
Pages: 1 2