Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow Loading Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first post but have been using xbmc for a long time:

Device:
acer revo (1600) with XMBC Live on a SD card and 500 gig HD. Camelot release

My Issue:
I have pictures on the harddrive and they take a longer time to load then i expect. Up to 4 sec. The pictures are nothing special from what i can tell digital slr down to a point and shoot. ~4-1meg

The smaller the size the fast the load. I just dont expect there to be such a difference. even if it is the atom, there should be plenty of processing power to to load a 4 meg picture file right?

I never loaded large files on my original xbox so i am not sure if it is an XBMC thing or me. I am going with me so if anyone has an idea please type it.

JR--->thinks revo+xbmc is the best setup
87325is Wrote:This is my first post but have been using xbmc for a long time:

Device:
acer revo (1600) with XBMC Live on a SD card and 500 gig HD. Camelot release

My Issue:
I have pictures on the harddrive and they take a longer time to load then i expect. Up to 4 sec. The pictures are nothing special from what i can tell digital slr down to a point and shoot. ~4-1meg

The smaller the size the fast the load. I just dont expect there to be such a difference. even if it is the atom, there should be plenty of processing power to to load a 4 meg picture file right?

I never loaded large files on my original xbox so i am not sure if it is an XBMC thing or me. I am going with me so if anyone has an idea please type it.

JR--->thinks revo+xbmc is the best setup

I am still wondering why everyone is buying Acer hardware. Because Acer hardware is the worst hardware you can possible find on the market i would choose an Asrock or another but certainly not Acer.
it's slow on the asrock too, so I think it really comes down to the slow atom cpu. of course there is a chance that the jpeg decoding implementation suffers. I know decoding of dct's could be off loaded to gpu if a dev would choose to implement this. But I don't think dct's are the problem. Traversing the Hoffman tree is probably the culprit
Fjerpje: Thanks for sitting on your couch wasting bandwidth with your thoughts.
bleze: Thanks. glad it is not just me.
87325is Wrote:Fjerpje: Thanks for sitting on your couch wasting bandwidth with your thoughts.

What does that suppose to mean? I'm just telling yah if you want to buy a mediaplayer just don't buy Acer. But if you want it just go for it, i wouldn't care anyway. So this is advise for those who do want some good hardware.
Well Fjerpje mostly because you have just said it is the "worst" hardware without really giving any reason why you believe this to be true or what is actually wrong with it. This sounds more like a "belief" you have than an actual fact.

I have seen several poor Acer laptops, but I have also seen a few decent ones.

Not only that but if memory serves the Asrock is about twice the price of the Acer.