Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Request] Delay when switching 60p-->24p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firts off, Thanks all for all you work!!!

I wonder if it's possible to add some delay when switching 60hz to 24hz (or 25hz whatever). Why i'm asking that, It's because my TV (Sony 46w4000) as many other tv take time when switching to another wideo mode, it results in loss of frames at the beggining of a movie, and at the end you don't see the nice skin fade in. Thanks in advance.
I am the only one who is thinking it is a good idea??
Didn't even know there is a skin fade in... which may be due to the time my sony w5500 takes to switch the framerate Wink

And yeah, losing some frames on tv shows (which start immediatly) is pretty ugly. My Sony needs some time to switch the rate and then to forward the sound through SPDIF to the receiver.
Result: If I'm starting a episode of How I Met Your Mother (for example) I always miss the first sentence.
Hey I have a Sony too a w4000, any other users experiencing that??
Why wouldn't you just set the menu at 24hz - that way you're not switching fps when going from the ui to a movie? That seems to work on my system anyway (not a sony though).
Crane Wrote:Why wouldn't you just set the menu at 24hz - that way you're not switching fps when going from the ui to a movie? That seems to work on my system anyway (not a sony though).

For 2 reasons:

1- At 24hz UI animation is really laggy
2- I also have a lot of 25p content