Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to use the Live-CD SDK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i did not find any documentation about the Live-CD SDK and ran into some problems while trying a simple "sudo ./build.sh" ...

At first, the NVIDIA-Driver download does not work (URL is not found by the getInstaller-script) but i fixed that by putting the correct URL into the script.

But the build script terminates after preparing the chroot-environment with
Code:
P: Begin caching chroot stage...
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Begin unmounting /dev/pts...
P: Begin unmounting /proc...
P: Begin unmounting /sys...
Files missing (1), exiting...
Cleaning workarea...
All clean

I can not find any other error message in the output. Is there some documentation about building the live iso from scratch?

Thanks for any hints!
Are you sure you have the right packages installed. Look into the build.sh files to see the packages needed to build correctly.
I installed everything thats mentioned in the comment in build.sh:

Code:
git-core
debootsrap
asciidoc
docbook-xsl
curl
build-essential

Also i did install everything noted in README.ubuntu ...

Do i have to run anything else before starting the build.sh? bootstrap from svn-root?
skillshot Wrote:I installed everything thats mentioned in the comment in build.sh:

Code:
git-core
debootsrap
asciidoc
docbook-xsl
curl
build-essential

Also i did install everything noted in README.ubuntu ...

Do i have to run anything else before starting the build.sh? bootstrap from svn-root?

Just some more information, because I also spent hours on this.

- You need to create manually a symbolic link for the following files:
ln -s /usr/share/live-helper/data/debian-cd/lenny /usr/share/live-helper/data/debian-cd/karmic

- Make sure you have the correct packages installed.

- Make sure you have the very latest version of debian-helper. I only got the SDK working under Lucid (alpha version). I had this error on Karmic: Regex compilation error: Invalid preceding regular expression

- I had some issues with the local packages that weren't included. Therefor I changed one line in the mkConfig.sh in every folder:
lh config --mode ubuntu --archive-areas "$CATEGORIES" $configString
to:
lh config --mode ubuntu --archive-areas "$CATEGORIES" $configString --packages-lists "packages.list"

- The Nvidia url listed in the buildBinaryDrivers/getInstallers.sh doesn't work most of the time, so I hard-coded the Nvidia download url.

- I had a GPG error on the tvheadend. So I removed all the tvheadend related stuff from the SDK.
Hi,

i updated to the latest svn version, installed debhelper (which was missing), removed tsocks from build.sh (got connection refused otherwise) and now everything works just fine.

Thanks for your help!
skillshot Wrote:Hi,

i updated to the latest svn version, installed debhelper (which was missing), removed tsocks from build.sh (got connection refused otherwise) and now everything works just fine.

Thanks for your help!

Nice! What do you intended to do? just being curious...
Hi

i´m interested for a how-to to make my own, live cd with lirc support.

who can me give an advice?

greetz muggi
Hi,

i'm looking into the live iso generation because i just want to be able to rebuild it with curretn packages (current kernel, xbmc-svn etc.).

In a second step i want to customize some things to relflect my own setup ...

Thanks for your input ...