Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help! Changed Video Output now I have no signal to TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was playing around in the video settings and without thinking about it I changed the video mode to 720p (what it was before I dont know). Now when I restart the xbox, I see the flubber screen but the TV screen goes blue (default color for tv when no input signal detected).
I can hear the clicking in the speakers of the xbmc navigations but I can't see anything to change it back.

I tried editing the guisettings.xml file to set the video mode back but that didin't work. Also tried deleting the guisettings file thinking it would default back to standard settings; no such luck.
Please help!
So here's a bit of an update. Still need help though.

I should mention I'm connecting to the tv via component cables (RBG, RW)
I plugged in my other xbox which is also running xbmc into the same component A/V cable. It boots fine, and displays as it should.

I then deleted the XBMC folder from the second xbox and installed the latest build (Babylon_Stable). Booted it up and still works fine.
Deleted the XBMC folder from the first xbox (the one with the video issue) and installed the latest build. Keep in mind I deleted EVERYTHING including the UserData folder and all of it's contents.
Booted the first xbox and NO GO.
Changed inputs in the back of the TV to a different set of component inputs; NO GO.

Now get this, plugged in the OEM composite cable (Yellow, Red, White) and I get video!

So somehow it seems I've managed to toast the component output of the xbox? Is that possibleHuh How?

I still need help because I really want to go back to using the Component video and not this composite crap.

please help...