Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Apple TV] Reset or ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just went through the process of a Factory Restore and have everything back up and running, ATV patched, XBMC, Boxee and NitoTV all installed.

I fully intend to backup the working installation through AFP so I can restore this state if needed. What I am wondering - is there an internal "Reset" somewhere which will delete all user data and return XBMC to a "clean install" state? I couldn't find one as of yet.

Assuming no Reset - this is *probably* something that can be done manually on a mounted frontrow volume here -
frontrow/library/application support/XBMC/userdata

I expect, trashing certain items in there will do the trick - but the question is - which ones are vulnerable and not to be touched, and which ones will be rebuilt by the system?? The other choice as mentioned above, would be to overwrite the userdata folder with an earlier copy...correct?
igirl Wrote:I just went through the process of a Factory Restore and have everything back up and running, ATV patched, XBMC, Boxee and NitoTV all installed.

I fully intend to backup the working installation through AFP so I can restore this state if needed. What I am wondering - is there an internal "Reset" somewhere which will delete all user data and return XBMC to a "clean install" state? I couldn't find one as of yet.

Assuming no Reset - this is *probably* something that can be done manually on a mounted frontrow volume here -
frontrow/library/application support/XBMC/userdata

I expect, trashing certain items in there will do the trick - but the question is - which ones are vulnerable and not to be touched, and which ones will be rebuilt by the system?? The other choice as mentioned above, would be to overwrite the userdata folder with an earlier copy...correct?

Nuke "/Users/frontrow/library/Application\ Support/XBMC" and XBMC will install a new, fresh copy of userdata.
Perfect - thanks so much! Hopefully I won't need it. :-)