Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC fullscreen steals my mouse!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've got a dual screen layout on my Ubuntu 9.10 pc.
First screen is a monitor and second one is an HDMI connected TV.
XBMC runs fullscreen on the TV and does well, except for a small problem: it locks the mouse and keyboard control on the TV and doesn't let me use the monitor for web browsing or even something useful.
In windowed mode XBMC behaves nicely sharing mouse/keyboard controls with other applications, but all the DE surroundings remain visible on the TV.
Is there a way to configure XBMC fullscreen to be as sharing as the windowed one?

My configuration if it matters:

MB: Asus AT3N7A-I (Atom 330, ION, HDMI output)
RAM: 2Gb (512Mb for video, 1.5Gb available)
Screen :0.0: d-sub connected NEC AccuSync LCD 93V @1280x1024
Screen :0.1: HDMI connected Philips TV @1280x768
Ubuntu 9.10
Kernel: 2.6.31-17-generic
NVIDIA driver: 190.53
XBMC package: 1:9.11-karmic1
XBMC configured to play analog sound through HDMI audio output (TV plays sound from the movies).

Thanks,
Alexey.
Have you tried opening a window on the monitor and using alt+tab ?
This is a limitation of SDL 1.2's fullscreen handling. There are threads around here that go into further depth if you want it. Long story short, there's nothing we can do about it. Work around by dropping out of FS.
Same issue as the original poster , but under windows. Multi monitor setup 1 crt 1 lcd tv. Running XBMC full screen on the hdmi connected tv, I am able to move the mouse to the crt, but clicking on anything once there minimizes XBMC.
Is there anyway around this for windows, or the OS doesn't matter thats just not doable in any distro right now.

Windows Media center has a different but extreemly annoying effect in the same circumstance, it does not minimize nor will it allow you to just move the mouse the other monitor, though can hit the windows key and get the mouse over to the other monitor as soon as you click anything it just grabs the mouse and puts it back in the windows media center screen.

I mention this because I wonder if it is an either or issue.
this has been brought up a zillion times, it should be stickied in every forum.

turn on the full-size window option. Basically, you are not in "fullscreen", but rather in a maximized window the same size as your screen resolution.

Now you will be able to move your mouse at will, and clicking will not minimize xbmc. You need to 'refocus' XBMC before it will accept keyboard and/or remote commands when using this mode.