Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thx. One more question. I add some TV Shows to the library. In XBMC every show have a Show Summary on the first page. The infos are stored in a xml file. The name of the xml file is stored in the Myvideos34.db/tvshow/c12
How can i query this info?
I want to show a summary on my ipad too.
Check the POC webinterface, it shows summaries for movies. Its param "fields": ["description"] IIRC
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows","params": {"fields": ["plot"]}, "id": 1}

that did the trick.
Dear jsonrpc users,

I'm trying to get some library together along with a simplistic remote control for the new windows mobile 7. Howver starting an album is easy, thats in the html page albums.html. But playing a specific song i'm just shooting in the dark, so my first shot is:
"{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\", \"method\": \"XBMC.Play\", \"params\": { \"songid\": 10 }, \"id\": 1}"

Well no song is starting so its either broken (guess not) or i am using the wrong command (most probable cause).

Can anybody tell me the param for starting up a song?

And i'm trying to find out which fields i can get while retreiving the album songs, wnated the track number so i tried track, duhh wrong name.

Can anybody tell me the name of the track index for a song?

Even better anybody that can point me to some fishing gear? or maybe where or how i can get fields defs for the objects and params for the actions. I already looked at the development.html, bit to heghlevel for my purpose. Can I get more info calling the introspect functions?

Well who can take away the pain, in return I can give you a .NET c# library usable in Silverlight projects.

Regards!
Songs doesn't have ID's, you can start the files though.

It is abit buggy though since the metadata doesn't get loaded
So it should be

"{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\", \"method\": \"XBMC.Play\", \"params\": { \"file\": \"[filename]\" }, \"id\": 1}"

Gonna try this later tonight.

But no pointers to how i can get some more detailed info on functions and fields.

Regards

[edit] don't know why but i just failed to read a few posts back :-) my answer is already there
Quote:It is abit buggy though since the metadata doesn't get loaded

Oh good. I thought I was doing something wrong. I had added a directory to the playlist and then the playlist returned empty strings in the title field.

Keep up the good work topfs2!!

Kabooga
Going nowhere with the xbmc.play and file:, like

"{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\", \"method\": \"XBMC.Play\", \"params\": { \"file\": \"D:\\Data\\Music\\Underworld\\A Hundred Days Off\\A Hundred Days Off - 04 - Sola Sistim.mp3\" }, \"id\": 1}"

So I tried getting the info from the xbmcweb project from Bram. Very nice code but I can't easily spot what is happening when playing a song.

My guess is now on: a) add a song to the audioplaylist, b) start that item on the playlist.

Or maybe i just have somthing wrong in the json string on top. Any pointers are welcome!
Thanks for the code-compliment Smile
You could do a checkout and place the code in the web directory (in the root) and use firebug to see exactly what json stings are put together and posted.
I have very little free time atm, so the code hasn't been touched for a week or two and not all functionality has been implemented into the interface. But the basics are there.
Thanks Bram, that would probably give me the SDK i need :-)
Having a little trouble getting the development webpage to load. I've got a copy of XBMC running which I built from svn, on Mac OS 10.6, and the JSON RPC is working, however when I try to visit http://localhost:8888/development.html I get "File not found" (just text, it's not my browser's error message) (port 8888 is where I'm running xbmc on this machine). If I try get http://localhost:8888/jsonrpc I get the message that it's up and running.

I'm having other issues but I figure I should get this one solved first, as it might solve my other problems.
jbrennan,

You might want to try http://localhost:8888/poc_jsonrpc/development.html

This might get it to work.
Thanks Kabooga.

That works, although none of my media appears (while it does in the remote app I'm working on). Not sure if this is natural or not?
Hi

I'm trying to code a java jsonrpc library. Currently got to VideoLibrary methods and can't figure out if it's correct that "VideoLibrary.GetMusicVideoAlbums" got no parameters?

http://github.com/brianfrolund/xbmcjavaweb
Looking at the code it looks like the "VideoLibrary.GetMusicVideoAlbums" handler is merely a stub that doesn't do anything.

It may be topfs2 has not gotten to it yet. The JSON-RPC interface is still in development.

Hope this helps answer your question.