Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Montellese: Already proposed multiple times but I still can send you necessary usb sticks or whatever needed for PVR, there's more and more demand from users on this.
(2014-11-29, 11:06)Tolriq Wrote: [ -> ]@Montellese: Already proposed multiple times but I still can send you necessary usb sticks or whatever needed for PVR, there's more and more demand from users on this.

Thanks for the offer. The main problem is that I only get DVB-C and I only get encrypted signals so I need a CI+ card + slot.

But I should be receiving a box with a DVB-C/DVB-T tuner in the next few weeks/months and then I'll look into getting a minimal setup running.
As you want but should not be a problem to provide those too
Montellese,

Just tested and it is working perfectly now. Thanks for your time.

If in the future you have some time to add a possibility to record the pvr from broadcastid or to set timers for future programs it will be awesome.

Regards,

Marcelo.
Hi,

I can't get information when I play livetv streaming (was working with gotham):
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetItem", "params": { "playerid":1,"properties": ["channeltype", "hidden", "locked", "channel", "plot", "channelnumber", "rating", "title","plotoutline", "thumbnail", "starttime", "endtime", "runtime", "firstaired"] }, "id": 1 }

by example I don't have plot or starttime feedback.

Thx
Please check a few posts above. I just fiyed it yesterday.
oups thx Smile didn't upload on openelec5.0's git yet Smile
Addons.GetAddons is a bit weird is it not? What's the idea behind the default case when passing addon type "unknown"? Anybody knows? Currently it return some addon types (everything except repositories) and it returns one addon for each extension point it has..
In a large music library I have seen that a few artists are returned as a list of artists instead of a single artist like it is defined in the json-rpc api.

Quote:curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"AudioLibrary.GetArtists\", \"params\" : { \"sort\":{\"ignorearticle\":true,\"method\":\"artist\",\"order\":\"ascending\"}, \"properties\": [ \"musicbrainzartistid\", \"fanart\", \"thumbnail\" ]}, \"id\" : 1 }" http://xbmc:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

Response on Kodi 14.0-RC1
Quote: {
"artist": "Milt Jackson",
"artistid": 1854,
"fanart": "",
"label": "Milt Jackson",
"musicbrainzartistid": "",
"thumbnail": "image://http%3a%2f%2fcps-static.rovicorp.com%2f3%2fJPG_1080%2fMI0001%2f388%2fMI0001388135.jpg%3fpartner%3dallrovi.com/"
},
{
"artist": [
"Milt Jackson",
"Wes Montgomery"
],

"artistid": 6829,
"label": "Milt Jackson / Wes Montgomery",
"thumbnail": ""
},
{
"artist": "Milton Banana Trio",
"artistid": 6189,
"label": "Milton Banana Trio",
"thumbnail": ""
},

I am catching this special case in code but I think that something is wrong there.
@Montellese : I had no time to check all JSON push during holidays, but I think I should report here too Smile

It seems in Kodi Player.stop does no more update resume points.

(There's also numerous reports of Webserver crashes but can't get any useful logs on that).
Hi,

I was trying to use GUI.SetFullscreen to toggle the fullscreen state, but wasn't able to. The call i'm using is:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.SetFullscreen","id":17,"params":{"fullscreen":"toggle"}}

but nothing changes, and the response is always:

Code:
{"id":17,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":false}

(also tried it with true/false in the params, same response)

Enabled logging and checked the logs but nothing appears on kodi.log, apart from an acknowledgement of the call. Tried this on Frodo/Linux, Gotham/Windows and Kodi/Linux and none of them changed to fullscreen or back (it's not an issue with the GPU/drivers, as i'm able to change the state from the GUI).

For now, i'm using Input.ExecuteAction with "togglefullscreen", which works correctly on all 3 systems.

Was wondering if i'm missing something or is this a known issue?

Thanks
(2015-01-25, 16:39)syncd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I was trying to use GUI.SetFullscreen to toggle the fullscreen state, but wasn't able to. The call i'm using is:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.SetFullscreen","id":17,"params":{"fullscreen":"toggle"}}

but nothing changes, and the response is always:

Code:
{"id":17,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":false}

(also tried it with true/false in the params, same response)

Enabled logging and checked the logs but nothing appears on kodi.log, apart from an acknowledgement of the call. Tried this on Frodo/Linux, Gotham/Windows and Kodi/Linux and none of them changed to fullscreen or back (it's not an issue with the GPU/drivers, as i'm able to change the state from the GUI).

For now, i'm using Input.ExecuteAction with "togglefullscreen", which works correctly on all 3 systems.

Was wondering if i'm missing something or is this a known issue?

Thanks

There's probably a confusion about the term "fullscreen". What you mean is toggling the whole Kodi application between fullscreen and windowed mode. This is what the "togglefullscreen" action does. What GUI.SetFullscreen does is toggle the video playback / music visualization between fullscreen and the normal GUI (which might have the video / visualization running in the background).
You're right, i had misunderstood what GUI.SetFullscreen was meant to do.

Thanks for the explanation.
Can someone tell me how I could tell via Jason if media is playing? I don't care if its music or a video is playing I just want to know if something is playing.
Player.GetActivePlayers?