Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Library update and system folders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basic Info:
Ubuntu 9.10 x32 Server Edition
XBMC-Standalone svn 27017
Alaska+Xperience skins
thetvdb.com scraper for TV

I was a bit suprised when I noticed this and it hasn't been brought up before, but after spending some time searching through forums and the wiki, nothing has come up. When running a library update it always picks up the lost+found/ folder located on the external drive that holds my TV series and identifies it as "History's Lost and Found" (An old History Channel TV series.) I tried looking through various options for excluding system folders or even naming folders to ignore and found nothing.

Is there a way to set the library updater to ignore folders and if not maybe a change to the updater so it ignores common system folders such as lost+found?
make a folder called /episodes/ and keep the episodes in there.

My storage drive has:
/episodes/
/movies/
/pictures/
/music/

The problem is that you don't have a good naming convention. XBMC expects that you keep these files all separate. So just make a folder called Episodes and move all your episodes into it.
I considered this option, however I setup my media in a manner where each drive is dedicated to a certain type. For example three drives are for Movies and another is for TV. This means my episodes are in the root of my drive.

I suppose there are ways around this and "dirty" fixes, but you would think XBMC could do a little more in detecting system folders that shouldn't be indexed and handling them properly. I can't be an overly difficult thing to accomplish, and if I was familiar with the XMBC code I might even take a stab at writing something to check for these types of things, but without an understanding of the methods involved in updating the library it's difficult to find a starting point for patching.
kryptonyte Wrote:I considered this option, however I setup my media in a manner where each drive is dedicated to a certain type. For example three drives are for Movies and another is for TV. This means my episodes are in the root of my drive.

I suppose there are ways around this and "dirty" fixes, but you would think XBMC could do a little more in detecting system folders that shouldn't be indexed and handling them properly. I can't be an overly difficult thing to accomplish, and if I was familiar with the XBMC code I might even take a stab at writing something to check for these types of things, but without an understanding of the methods involved in updating the library it's difficult to find a starting point for patching.

Simply remove the lost+found folder. That folder just cointains file chunks when a fsck fails and, usually, when this happens you dont want to recover anything.