Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I merge multiple external drives to see them as only one source in XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have 2 external hard drives in a usb enclosure 2TB each. I have all my blu ray rips on here and would like to have one big list of movies show up when I am in xbmc instead of having to go to individual drives and seeing what is available on each. How can I set this up?
As I recall:

Code:
<sources>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>My videos</name>
            <path>D:\XBMC\Video\</path>
            <path>E:\XBMC\Video\</path>
            <path>F:\XBMC\Video\</path>
        </source>
        etc

in sources.xml will combine the three paths and make them all appear under the Videos heading.

JR
you don't need to go to the xml to do that, from the add source dialog you can click the 'add' under the 'browse' button to add additional paths to the source.
TeknoJnky Wrote:you don't need to go to the xml to do that, from the add source dialog you can click the 'add' under the 'browse' button to add additional paths to the source.

Correct, just make sure everytime you add a 'source' you click on 'set content' and add them as the same type of content.

The easiest way to do what you want is make a folder on each external drive named 'Movies'. Put all your movie rips in those Movie folders. Then add each folder as a source, and set content of each as 'movies' and they will show as one.
thanks! Big Grin