Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 7 2nd display problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had xbmc running fine on a second monitor on vista but ive wiped my pc and upgraded to a radeon 5870 gfx card and installed windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition.

My problem is when i am going through the screen res in xbmc there is no 2nd display showing. I was gonna do it the old way by using ultramon but i saw a thread that said the latest version of xbmc makes that method obsolete so i thought the 2nd display bug must have been fixed.

Ive updated xbmc with xbmc updater and i am running the latest version.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
XBMC definatley has the ability to start on the second monitor since Camelot. So if XBMC is not seeing the second monitor I would make sure that both monitors are setup correctly within windows.
Ultramon seems to be doing it the now (although ive had to take out of my startup as it crashes when windows loads) but still can't get xbmc to pick up my 2nd display.

My pc picks it up fine as does my ati catalyst, only thing i can think of is its either the fact that my pc picks up my hdtv as my first display and my catalyst picks it up as my 2nd or something to do with the way its connect throuhg my av reciever.

This time it's hdmi on vista it was dvi.