Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thumbnails for movies and music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there is a scraper function inside XBMC but none of my movies have cover art. Do I need to set up something in network for this to work? Or do I need to download and run Ember Media Manager first? Newbie here so still a little confused on how to use XBMC. Got it installed on an XP machine and works great at streaming media. Any help?
Have you set the content for each of your sources? Press C on your chosen directory and set the content to 'movies' it will then scan them to the library and add covers etc.

Read the wiki and you will learn a lot!
Thanks for the tip. I have dug around the WIki but coudl not find anything relating to my thumbnail issue. SO I have done what you said and XBMC has scanned properly. But I am still getting a thumbnail that is a frame of the movie and not the actual cover art. Do I need a specific theme to be able to view things like Description of movie, Movie rating etc... from a source like IMDB?