Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC doesn't see nvidia drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Platform - ASRock 330, XBMC 9.11 release installed on HD
After attempt to install new skin xbmc stopped to load (exited to console).
After trying to reinstall XBMC (apt-get update/upgrade) I am getting very small window with "ok" button, saying XBMC requires opengl drivers, and I should install them.
I followed step from wiki about installing nvidia restricted drivers, and they were installed OK (version 185).
Still the same.
What can be done to reinstall XBMC short of reformatting everything and reinstall whole system from live CD ?
i had this same problem on my acer aspire revo, i updated the nvidia drivers and that fixed it
Quote:nvidia-installer --update
you need to quit x for this to work, i couldnt be bothered to look how to quit all x sessions so i just uninstalled xbmc-live (it just disables starting xbmc automatically)
Quote:apt-get remove xbmc-live
then once its updated
Quote:apt-get install xbmc-live
hope this works for you! i got the message after update/upgrade and this fixed it
ALoVA Wrote:i had this same problem on my acer aspire revo, i updated the nvidia drivers and that fixed it

you need to quit x for this to work, i couldnt be bothered to look how to quit all x sessions so i just uninstalled xbmc-live (it just disables starting xbmc automatically)

then once its updated

hope this works for you! i got the message after update/upgrade and this fixed it

you dont need to remove XBMC just update. try the following it does a reinstall of the latest drivers.

nvidia-installer --update -a -s -f
Tried it, didn't help. Ended with full reinstall, after backup of user data.
Problem was somewhere in .xbmc directory, because when I restored whole .xbmc after reinstall it failed to work again (xbmc exited to text prompt).
When I reverted to clean .xbmc, and unpacked only userdata dir there, everything reverted to normal.