Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
Thanks for the download link. I've managed to download and install!

Although I've got a Thermaltake DH202 with a FingerVU 700 (7") screen. Trouble is the screen resolution is 800x400 and the lowest screen resolution in Yantse is 800 x 600 which means that part of the Yantse screen doesn't fit on LCD screen. Arrgh!
I'm going to have a play with the configurations, it might work if I set the touch screen as a mirror of the main screen.

I'm also having trouble with getting the audio and video updating or configuring as it gives me a "No data. Please refresh your library first!" error message.
Any suggestions as to what I need to configure there?
Yaste fits fine @800x600 on my 7" LCD touchscreen builtin to my Silverstone CW03 case. I can also run Yatse at higher resolutions on my 7" LCD; but, then text is too small. Yaste should resize it's UI to fit the screen at any supported resolution.

There are several settings related to the way Yaste displays itself (in Yatse's GUI settings). Some of them are only available in Yatse2.xml (included in the Zip file you downloaded... see below); make sure Yatse is not in memory when making changes:

<ForceResolution>false</ForceResolution>
<Hack480>false</Hack480>
<MinDMPelsWidth>800</MinDMPelsWidth>

PS: Also, make sure you're connected to Kodi; or there wont be a library to refresh.
Feel like it is so near, yet so far!

I've tried it with and without the 'force screen resolution' box being checked, but to no avail.
Also checked the code in the Yatse2.xml and it is the same as you have posted.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted!

I've set XBMC to allow control of XBMC via HTTP (listening on port 80). I've tried it with and without the password (xbmc) and with XBMC running, but the library doesn't seem to update in Yatse.

I'm running XBMC Gotham v.13.2 (because there was a Margot version which allowed for speedier TV channels changes). I don't suppose that this version might the reason why the library on Yatse isn't updating?
You should try changing the various settings related to the display. You should try changing the settings I posted.

Im using Yaste2 with Kodi/Helix. I selected XMBC-Frodo since that was the last version.

It should first connect successfully to Kodi (click on Verify button) before you try to update your library.
Hi
Many thanks for Yatse2 - surprising that it remains the best option for 2nd screen TFT HTPC

Been exploring the code a bit (my C# days are a long way away) but anyhow have rebuild the code into exe as attached - made a small change that really bugged me and that was screen dimming not coming back on with a pause - whats the point of a great screen/fanart if you never see it again after a few seconds?

Seems stable and working well to me (15.2Beta Isengard) , but no warranties!Big Grin

Attached here -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8jbe7r...se2.01.zip

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I really appreciate it. I made a small change myself, removing the splash screen. I actually have Kodi start Yatsi on Media playback and exit when media stops playing; since I also use my small 7" lcd (built into my htpc case) to display CPU core temperatures and respective load in real-time when I'm using my HTPC for games (using a custom Rainmeter skin). Both Yatsi and Rainmeter share the same 7" display.
Remember that it's open source and GPL so you should made your sources changes available to others Wink

PR are welcome to centralize those changes.
Tolriq - understand & will fork at Github and try to figure out uploading the minor changes. Thanks for Yatse2 anyhow - and disappointing that someone who knows what he is doing isn't continuing to update! ie. you!

@MKANET - sounds like an interesting way around that issue - would have though loading/killing would have cause some db update issues.

Have fiddled some more and below is a minor change - added a <MinimiseAlways> setting to the xml settings file.
If this is enabled - will always minimise Yatse2 when not playing or not paused. When playback starts will return window to normal.
?Probably helpful.
Seems to work for me - but again no warranties! Wink

This will enable - as you are doing using Yatse for playback only and having whatever you like on the screen when playback not happening.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t24lcw...e+2.02.rar

Glenn
Thanks Glenn!!! Im going to test your minimize feature.,, its much better than force close of the app each time (I had it set to force refresh library on startup).

Im still extremely new to Visual Studio; so, I'm not ready to contribute.

(2015-05-24, 03:36)GlennNZ Wrote: [ -> ]Tolriq - understand & will fork at Github and try to figure out uploading the minor changes. Thanks for Yatse2 anyhow - and disappointing that someone who knows what he is doing isn't continuing to update! ie. you!

@MKANET - sounds like an interesting way around that issue - would have though loading/killing would have cause some db update issues.

Have fiddled some more and below is a minor change - added a <MinimiseAlways> setting to the xml settings file.
If this is enabled - will always minimise Yatse2 when not playing or not paused. When playback starts will return window to normal.
?Probably helpful.
Seems to work for me - but again no warranties! Wink

This will enable - as you are doing using Yatse for playback only and having whatever you like on the screen when playback not happening.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t24lcw...e+2.02.rar

Glenn
Thanks
Have made one subsequent change - wasn't checking for window.normal - now is.
Have put that here (below) Sorry will be there in a second.

https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases
I just tried 2.02, when alwaysminimized is enabled, it literally always stays minimized... even during media playback. Maybe, that's what the "checking for window.normal" enhancement does?

UPDATE: The always minimize didn't work because I still had to configure the remote settings. Unfortunately, when I try to update it with Kodi's IP and port, Yatsi locks up when I click Verify.
Try again - is on Github as yatse2.03.rar
or http://www.mediafire.com/download/tmjbaf...se2.03.rar

Hmm - are you connected to the remote/local kodi? Will need to reset all those settings.

Start Yatsee with <Minimisealways> to false - set everything up.
Close and change Minimisealways to true.

My setup, minimises always unless playing or paused. (on both 2.02 and 2.03)

Have rechecked again (both local and remote kodi remotes) and get expected behaviour with window restored with playback and remaining during pause, but minimised with stop.

Glenn
Glenn, I cant update the settings for IP/port, it locks up as soon as I hit verify.. so you were right, it does need to connect to Kodi.
Ok
I havent made any changes anywhere close to that (I think)
I'm able to connect/reconnect to different kodis without issue.

Could it be a firewall? or Unallowed Access application issue?

Would recheck Ip/ports/username/password right and try again.
Could post yatsee log - in log directory

Glenn
Glenn, I hate to say it, but it looks like you did break something. If I switch back to the last official build, I have no issues to change the Kodi server info; and, select the verify button.

EDIT: Where can I manually edit those settings? I don't mind doing it outside of Yaste; so, long as the settings take.

With your builds (tried 2.02/2.03), they allow me to add the information in the fields; but, as soon as I click on the Verify button, Yate locks up hard; requiring to kill the process in task manager. Unfortunately, nothing of significance shows up in the log

Code:
[20:59:04.0905] Yatse2        : Starting build : 146
[20:59:04.0925] OSInfo        : Name = Windows 7
[20:59:04.0935] OSInfo        : Edition =
[20:59:04.0955] OSInfo        : Service Pack =
[20:59:04.0965] OSInfo        : Version = 6.2.9200.0
[20:59:04.0975] OSInfo        : Bits = 64
[20:59:04.0995] OSInfo        : Culture = en-US
[20:59:04.2280] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.Boxee.Beta.dll
[20:59:04.2320] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : BOXEE - Beta (Version : 112)
[20:59:04.2330] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : BOXEE - Beta (Version : 112) reports incompatibility unloading
[20:59:04.2347] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.MediaPortal.iPimp.dll
[20:59:04.2369] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : MediaPortal - iPiMP (Version : 124)
[20:59:04.2389] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.XBMC.Camelot.dll
[20:59:04.2419] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Camelot (Version : 126)
[20:59:04.2429] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.XBMC.Dharma.dll
[20:59:04.2466] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Dharma (Version : 126)
[20:59:04.2476] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.XBMC.DharmaHttp.dll
[20:59:04.2506] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Dharma H (Version : 122)
[20:59:04.2516] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Dharma H (Version : 122) reports incompatibility unloading
[20:59:04.2526] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.XBMC.Eden.dll
[20:59:04.2556] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Eden (Version : 134)
[20:59:04.2576] Yatse2-Plugs  : Loading : C:\Program Files (x86)\Yatse\Plugins\Remote.XBMC.Frodo.dll
[20:59:04.2606] Yatse2-Plugs  : Plugin : XBMC - Frodo (Version : 142)
[20:59:04.5944] Yatse2        : End init

(2015-05-24, 06:03)GlennNZ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok
I havent made any changes anywhere close to that (I think)
Would recheck Ip/ports/username/password right and try again.
Could post yatsee log - in log directory

Glenn