Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I downloaded the xbox live cd a few hours ago and installed it on my computer. However I can't play my media files already stored on the computer.

I can find them and add them to the media libraries however music just doesn't play or even appear to try to play and video plays with sound by but no video just a solid flickerling of full screen colour.

Can anyone help?
Hello again, sorry to double post.

Can anyone tell me how I can get into the back end to try and see if my videos will play from there?
XBMC 9.11 Live (Downloaded on 30th Jan 2010)

Hardware List;
MSI KA780GM 780G Socket AM2+ onboard graphics HDMI 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e 2.5GHz Socket AM2 Energy Efficient 1MB L2 Cache
500gb Hard Drive (boot drive)
1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache (data storage) x2
Kingston 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500
LG Electronics Blu-Ray & HD-DVD-Rom Combo

I installed by booting up via the Live cd and installing to HDD

SVN revision: It's not in the location specified in the how to post thread.

I can't seem to find any options to rip a CD. I have changed the settings to specify the Bit rate and location. I've created a music source for /Media but the contents of cd0 cd1 floppy0 and floppy1 are all empty even though there is a cd playing.

I've mapped /media/sdb1/video where all my video sources are, I can see all the files in the library. However when I play them, I get sound and the video is just a solid screen of colour flickering.

I'm using the default skin. Confluence

All my videos are encoded in Xvid, DivX.

I have no idea on how to view the log from within xbmc if I exit xbmc then it takes me to dos type screen and I can't do anything from there, I just have to reboot.

Hope this helps.
http://pastebin.com/m10fdf32e

This is my log file. Hopefully my sig contains the rest of the info you need. I'm not too sure what the install method is, I used the bootable live cd. And I'm not sure what backtrace and compiler out means.

What I did;

Logged into XBMC
Went to
Videos > Files > Navigated to file (I had this source already mapped)

double clicked to play.

sound Plays fine however picture is just a solid screen of flickering varying colours. i tried a few videos. To see if they would work
you need to enable debug logging in system settings.
Solved:

Fixing my cd ripping issue also fixed this.
Not solved:

All I did was download transparency skin and now Videos don't work again. I reverted back to confluence. and did exactly the same as above and I get the same error.

Any ideas?
Hi,
I have the exact problem referred to here. RhysGM did you have any luck sorting it?

Thanks