Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to migrate library source from smb to nfs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my library set up using smb at the moment, but would like to migrate to NFS. Is there a way to do this without having to re-scrape my library and lose the extended info such as movies already viewed etc?
Not sure if you gave up on this or not but I couldnt find a way to do this yesterday. Even exporting the individual files wouldnt play ball.

Ended up removing the sources and rescraping but picking up the nfo files Sad
Export as individual files, and then reimport - however would lose your watched status and the like.

Could always edit the db manually.
This is another reason to mount externally from XBMC. If it's a simple path, you can mount it NFS or SMB in the OS and nothing changes as far as XBMC is concerned.
dan1son Wrote:This is another reason to mount externally from XBMC. If it's a simple path, you can mount it NFS or SMB in the OS and nothing changes as far as XBMC is concerned.

Despite the pain I'm now exactly at this point, as far as XBMC is concerned all my media is in /home/Media now even though its on different drives back on the server.
Is this the way things still work?

I'm migrating to a network-drive-letter setup, but I'm unable to move the library files without losing the watched status because they aren't imported with .nfo's?
What about if I duplicate the sources temporarily, then clean one?

Incidently, I noticed in experimentation that changing the path of a source seems to result in old data in the db that does not get cleaned up. [If both paths (but not sources) are indeed available]

thanks for any tips