Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keymapping questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm migrating from the good old xbox and am playing with Live on a Revo1600. It seems to work fantastic. I just have a couple of questions about keymapping.

I've read the Wiki and I've done a fair amount of keymapping for my orginal xbox but it looks like the structure has changed.

What I want to do is

1) Change a couple of remote functions. From what I can tell I can just put these in a remote.xml and drop it in my userdata/keymaps folder.

ex to change green button from myvideos to parent directory. I should create a remote.xml with
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<green>ParentDir</green>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>
and place it in my userdata/keymaps folder. Correct? I don't have to do anything with the system keymap and I don't need the unchanged part of the keymap.

2) Is there a command for suspend. Right now I can suspend and resume fine using the shutdown menu but I'd like to map the power button to suspend/resume instead of off. I checked the wiki but couldn't find it.

Thanks
M
Anyone? I suspect there is a suspend command that just hasn't been added to the wiki. If not I may make it a request

M
i changed <power>XBMC.Suspend()</power> to enable standby from the power button but im using mce remote.
jabba200 Wrote:i changed <power>XBMC.Suspend()</power> to enable standby from the power button but im using mce remote.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I thought it would be something like that.

One other quick question. Did you add just that one change (i.e did you make a keymap file that only contained that change and not the rest of the remote commands), edit the system keymap, or make a copy of the system keymap, change that, and put the edited system keymap in your personal keymap folder.

Thanks

M
1) yes you have understood correctly.
Thanks