Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adjust rate of rewind/forward and problems forwarding with wmv files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it's possible to jump forward/back a set number of seconds in videos using different keys. For example, 1 jumps back 10 seconds, 2 60 seconds, 3 5 minutes, 4 30 minutes, etc. I don't really like the native forward/rewind feature. It's too slow and I've had issues with it when going back.

PS. when playing a lot of wmv videos if I hit forward it jumps to the end of the video. Has anyone else noticed this?
The number keys already have a function during video playback - you can type the offset in as four digits and playback moves to that time index.
What's wrong with pressing left/right/up/down?

fastforward/rewind is just awefull?
elupus, I'm sorry I don't know what you mean. Here's a big issue I have with rewind (more than forward). When hitting remind on some movies (mainly wmv) movies, the time will jump back without showing anything happening in the movie. When I start playing again it almost fast forwards for a few seconds until usually where I started rewinding.
WMV playback has been broken in XBMC for almost two years now. If you need to watch WMV files, XBMC is probably not for you. See the ticket below for a bit of background.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5089