Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to set USA West coast time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running XBMC on AppleTV all is good except that the time display is incorrect. I have gone in to settings and set the region to USA but the time displayed is 8 hours ahead. Australia displays the same wrong time. Is there a manual way of setting the time, I am connected to the internet.
Thanks.
WoW!
I thought XBMC was able to sync time over the internet automatically and all one had to do was set ones region! This seems so out of place for this great program.
Thanks you for your help, I will give it a go.
OK, I tried. I followed the two suggestions but neither worked. I notice that they are quite old postings!
Can anyone help me change the time on my AppleTV using XBMC to USA Pacific Standard Time?

It is appreciated.
These commands worked for me:

After logging into Apple TV enter the following:

1) cd /etc
2) sudo rm localtime
3) sudo ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific localtime
4) sudo shutdown -r now

It should work.
I followed your direction and received this--- any ideas?

> -bash-2.05b$ sudo rm localtime
> Password:
> rm: localtime: No such file or directory
> -bash-2.05b$
>
> [email protected]'s password:
-bash: [email protected] password:
-bash-2.05b$ cd /etc
-bash-2.05b$ sudo rm localtime
Password:
rm: localtime: No such file or directory
-bash-2.05b$

I typed ls after the cd /etc comand and could not see any 'localtime' entry?
That's ok. We are trying to remove 'localtime' from the 'etc' directory anyway. 'Localtime' gets created again at the end of line 3 linking it with /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific to set Pacific time.

Start over and keep going to line 3 and then do a list on 'etc'. 'Localtime' should be there now.

Do step 4, shutdown and reboot.
Success, thank you.