Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQ]Full Unicode Font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For this skin, I'd recommend a full unicode font.

the reason being is that I (and Probably many others) keep music/videos from many different countries. and prefer to keep them in their original language (Japanese, Chinese, Russian)

Having a full uincode font would enable us to view them in them. Whether you can find the font version with the unicode enabled or can insert the proper characters into the right place in the existing font would be appreciated.
The only real problem with unicode is size basically the fonts are bigger than the skin.

There is a trac ticket here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6397 that the guys are trying to make a full unicode one for replacing the default Arial font we have. And spiff and me were discussing yesterday the best way to use system fonts in skins.

So both of these would solve your issues. But obviously they probably won't match or look at pretty. In the mean time all I can suggest is you replace the default Arial font xbmc uses with a proper unicode one then go into Appearance settings and change the skins font set to arial
The closest I have come thus far is using the ukai.tff font from here, the download to which is here. It supports Trad. & Simpl. Chinese, Japanese Kana, Vietnamese, Greek, Russian and extended latin. The only problems with it is that the latin letters don't look that well and its not in sans serif, but it is the most multilingual ttf i have found so far.