Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: switching media server from SD to HD, couple of questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I finally upgraded my XBOX to an Apple TV + Broadcom to give my setup a little HD goodness. I have a good amount of space and want to start ripping my Blurays to my fileserver. My biggest concern is the audio formats, I know HD audio is out but I wanted to know how the apple tv handles the Dolby Digital and DTS cores.

IE: If I rip a straight mt2s file to my server and stream it, how will xbmc handle it? Will it just play the core files or am I going to have to demux it and reencode the audio?

I don't want to touch the video of the stream and it would be nice to not have to touch the audio as well. I'm not concerned with the HD audio, just the core tracks.

Thanks for the help.
Not so much?
CHD is still under heavy development, and in my experience trying to stream full bluray might be frustrating.

As far as specific audio support, all I know is dark knight audio works (but the video lags behind the audio) and kill bill vol 1 has no audio and cause audio to break for everything after trying to play it (have to reboot to get audio back).

Couldn't tell you off hand what codecs they use tho.
TeknoJnky Wrote:CHD is still under heavy development, and in my experience trying to stream full bluray might be frustrating.

As far as specific audio support, all I know is dark knight audio works (but the video lags behind the audio) and kill bill vol 1 has no audio and cause audio to break for everything after trying to play it (have to reboot to get audio back).

Couldn't tell you off hand what codecs they use tho.

MediaInfo will tell all.
So I should stick with 720p reencodes for now? I've been using them so far and they can handle the dts streams well. I wonder if xbmc will ever get to the bd iso level? I have hundreds of dvd isos with only video and main audio. What is keeping xbmc from extracting the digital and dts cores?