Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about scrapers and Aeon Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am relatively new to XBMC (and Linux, but I am getting better) but I am having some major issues with scrapers and the Aeon skin.

Scrapers:
My question with this is, where can I get them and how do I use/install them? I would like to get these to work with the Aeon skin (see next question).

Aeon Skin:
I downloaded and installed the skin without any issues. However when I put the skin on, I get no information while I navigate, I simply get a black background with a white line. I checked the skin and everything is there (images and such). What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?*

*I should also note, that I had major issues with Transparency! as well. I was having the exact same issue. My skins look nothing like the screenshots on the skins page.
Before playing around with skins, i would suggest sorting your scraping issues out - as it is can be more difficult with other skins.

Revert back to default skin, delete rescan and report the exact problems you are having including full details.
The scraper will not install and I am not 100% sure if it is working correctly.

I have a valid connection and all of my files are named correctly.
Mac Norton Wrote:The scraper will not install and I am not 100% sure if it is working correctly.

I have a valid connection and all of my files are named correctly.

What do you mean 'The scraper will not install'? The scraper is built into xbmc. You need to set content on a video source, scan it, then go into library view. In Aeon, this means setting content in the 'Videos' section, scanning, then looking in Movies or TV Shows.
As i said rescan your library and detail exactly what your problems are. Simply stating it doesn't work doesn't help anyone help you, as you have given no useful information.

Full debug log needed - see my signature for info.
snoxbox Wrote:What do you mean 'The scraper will not install'? The scraper is built into xbmc. You need to set content on a video source, scan it, then go into library view. In Aeon, this means setting content in the 'Videos' section, scanning, then looking in Movies or TV Shows.

Sorry install is the wrong word here...activate. I think it might be my internet connection to the router. I had plugged in another device and it was getting nothing. After a little tinkering I got it working again. I have yet to check the scraper again (will do so when I get home from work).

I am still having issues with Aeon, even without the scraper. I am getting just a black screen.