Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: USB Not Recognized During Boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok if this has already been asked/discussed I sincerely apologize. I have searched through the help forums and read through the wiki but it's a lot to take in for this noob.

so I came across this guide and followed it to the letter with the exception of installing XBMC to the hdd. My problem is that my revo won't recognize the usb stick (containing XBMC Live) upon boot. In the BIOS I have the 1st boot location as 'removable device' and the remainder as 'disabled'. When I power up the revo It doesn't boot at all, it just asks me to insert the removable device but when I do it displays the same messageStare. HOWEVER, if I power up the revo and hold f12 to access the boot menu I can select the usb and it will boot fine.Huh

Can someone help me with this or at least direct me to where I can find more information about this problem/solution.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same issue on an Asus EeePC 701 4G.

It turned out that in the BIOS I had to disable the internal 1st hard disk which is a Solid State Disk (SSD) AND detach all other USB storage devices at boot time.

Does this work for you?
could not get it to boot properly, just installed live to the HDD.
OmarLittle Wrote:HOWEVER, if I power up the revo and hold f12 to access the boot menu I can select the usb and it will boot fine.Huh

I had the same problem. I too installed live on the internal HD.

I wanted to boot Clonezilla off my USB drive so I could make a backup and the same thing happens. Seems to be a problem with the revo itself, not with xbmc