Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Library - Single Songs in Folders of their Own
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ugggh. I added some new songs to mix album making sure that all meta data (album name, genre and year) is simliar but I still have individual albums containing just one song. Deleting the music database and readding the music source to the library doesn't resolve. I even switched to PMIII but same problem. I wonder what the deal is?
rpleasan Wrote:Ugggh. I added some new songs to mix album making sure that all meta data (album name, genre and year) is simliar but I still have individual albums containing just one song. Deleting the music database and readding the music source to the library doesn't resolve. I even switched to PMIII but same problem. I wonder what the deal is?
xbmc order the songs first: artist, second: album

if you want all the songs in the same directory in the database then artist also must be similar
rpleasan Wrote:Ugggh. I added some new songs to mix album making sure that all meta data (album name, genre and year) is simliar but I still have individual albums containing just one song.

eumel Wrote:xbmc order the songs first: artist, second: album

I think what Eumel is trying to say is that there should be an ID tag called "Album Artist", rather than "Album" (which refers to the Album Title, iirc) which must be the same for them to aggregate. I have a bunch of songs different mix albums, and using MediaMonkey, I made sure all of the tags match up.
Thanks. I use MediaMonkey to set simliar meta tags but didn't think about this. I was pulling my hair out...and I am bald. LOL.