Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Ultimate Acer Revo Setup ....Ultimate Audio problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone ,

I checked the "HOW TO" section and didn't see this topic but I'm sure it's a popular question ....so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already...need help.

Current Setup:
Backend: Acer Easystore H340 (4x2TB) 70% filled with 720/1080p MKvs
Full gigabit wired connection to
Front end: Acer Revo 3610 / Win7 64Bit / Dual Core Atom 330 / 4GB / 500GB / ION
Acer is connected via HDMI to a Sony receiver capable of DTS-MA and TrueHD which is attached to a 50" Samsung Plasma.

Now...Reviewing multiple forums many have said that running hi def MKV within XBMC can be sugglish so I've been given the recommendation of triggering an external player (MPC-HC) to play the MKV files. This works great.

My problem/question is around audio

1) Does the Revo have the capabilities of outputing raw bitstream to allow my receiver to do all the dirty work of decoding DTS-MA or TrueHD? If so....what filters do I need? How do I set them up? what settings?

2) If this is not an option..I'm assuming LPCM is my best option. LPCM is running now but it seems I have my speaker configuration setup all screwy, as I'm not getting sound from my back right speaker (speaker works on everything else) I believe this may be a simple issue like mapping the correct channels. What is my best option? Filter? setup? to get this working nicely?

3) If MPC-HC is the wrong approach for this I'm open to suggestions around a better external player solution. Not sure if I should be using the internal or external filters......agian..please help with setup/filters/config..

Thanks
seriously.....anybody?? 69 views and no help?
Have recently installed myself XBMC Live in a Revo 3610.
My advice is to do a dual boot system, leaving ca. 15 gb for XBMC. It runs flawlessly.

Otherwise, if you still feel comfortable using Windows, check audio properties, there should be an HDMI entry. Make sure it is enabled.
Make sure you have got both audio drivers installed.
Then, in XBMC System, configuration enable audio passtrough.

I think that should do, but cannot confirm as am not at home and do not run XBMC for Windows anymore.
what filters are you running? FFDSHOW? Haali?

Also...for your HDMI out setting in XBMC are you using Directsound?