Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you do "Import settings" after changing it to "False"?
Oh, and use "False" instead of "false". Not sure if I checked for case-sensitivity. Will write this on my list.
Yep imported setting deleted game DB, tried "False" the first time round then swapped to "false" so that's not it.
Really strange. Can you upload one complete set of files?

config, parser, synopsis, xbmc.log and update.log?

Or just point me to the files that are unchanged from your last posts.
yep, can do in the morning, gota sleep now. Yea it is really strange, I thought you had the answer when you released i was using true instead of False, It's kinda like that setting did nothingHuh

But i'll check everything in the morning and Run it again then upload the logs.
Xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/escD3fZT
Update.log
http://pastebin.com/VHdYRaUz
Parser for ROMs
http://pastebin.com/ifsmr8mk
Parser for Xbox games(no problem there)
http://pastebin.com/GPAVBwEA
Genesis Synopsis.txt (2.63mb)
http://codepaste.net/qqkwty

I think we might be just running straight into lack of memory for the xbox with single synopsis, just my guess. Hope something above shows you something. Agina update.log looks incomplete, i guess this is the point it runs outa memory maybe??

JUST did a Scrape on my smallest collection and it scanned fine, gota be a memory issue
Largest collection crashes with same info as above but with just the single collection in the config.

Will do some testing with 0.6e later today
The parser is not the right one. I don't think this is the problem but try it again with this one: http://pastebin.org/312619. This should work with all of your files that I have seen until now. No need to build a new one for every import.

But the synopsis file has errors, too. At least in the game "Disney's Beauty & the Beast: Roar of the Beast" the order of the properties changes. This is impossible to be handled correctly by my parser. Maybe you can get a new one with a reliable structure?

The update.log ends while importing the first collection (your xbox games I think). Thats strange because I think you said that this is importing fine. Looks like memory or HD space problems. One thought about this: Xbox seems to map the drive where XBMC runs to Q:. Is this a special place on your HD or maybe a place with size limitations? If you import large collections and set the log level to INFO it will create quite large log files (several MB). Maybe this could be a problem? If you already try version 0.6e you can set the log level in config.xml: Set RCBSetting/logLevel to WARNING. This will reduce the size of the log file drastically.

But I also have to check memory consumption with these large files. No idea, if I have a chance to solve this. Maybe splitting up the large files could be a workaround?
malte Wrote:The parser is not the right one. I don't think this is the problem but try it again with this one: http://pastebin.org/312619. This should work with all of your files that I have seen until now. No need to build a new one for every import.

Yea weird, not sure where i meesed up there? But have chucked the new Parser in and everything seems to be running smooth, quite a few descritions being missed

Quote:But the synopsis file has errors, too. At least in the game "Disney's Beauty & the Beast: Roar of the Beast" the order of the properties changes. This is impossible to be handled correctly by my parser. Maybe you can get a new one with a reliable structure?
Yep i realise now that i have the old hand typed synopsis.txt so will need to grab the synopsis.net made ones. Blush That should sort out the missing descriptions mentioned above.

Quote:One thought about this: Xbox seems to map the drive where XBMC runs to Q:. Is this a special place on your HD or maybe a place with size limitations?
The Q drive is a path substitution to your XBMC installation folder. So if for instance XBMC is installed in E:\Apps\xbmc, the Q drive points there.

Quote:But I also have to check memory consumption with these large files. No idea, if I have a chance to solve this. Maybe splitting up the large files could be a workaround?

Yes if we can't get it working correctly, though i suspect things will be fine once i get my stuff done correctly Blush. I asked Wimpy and he said it would be simple enough if need be to break synopsis done to single games if need be. So the option is there if we end up having to go that route.

Bombbloke had a quick look over the logs i posted above, he suggested that we could try a time delay between game scrapes to allow xbox to catch up. Depending on how things go, we could keep this in mind.

You mentioned above you were having trouble scraping multiple collections, I don't believe i have run into this problem as such. But as an idea, could each collection be created in its on config.xml would then the script looking and a single config at a time be of any benefit?

I had a quick look at the image scaling issue, would a solution be as simple as changing the instances, I havent tested it just putting it out there. <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> to <aspectratio>center</aspectratio> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aspect_Ratio

Also had a look at the video side of things in the skin xmls could this line here
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(mainviewvideosizesmall))</visible> just be set a <visible> true</visible>? would this fix our window issue? I havn't tested might try tomorrow, if you havnt reponded saying how crazy my ideas areLaugh

Anyways i dont realyy know what im talking about just putting it out thereLaugh
malte Wrote:The parser is not the right one. I don't think this is the problem but try it again with this one: http://pastebin.org/312619. This should work with all of your files that I have seen until now. No need to build a new one for every import.

But the synopsis file has errors, too. At least in the game "Disney's Beauty & the Beast: Roar of the Beast" the order of the properties changes. This is impossible to be handled correctly by my parser. Maybe you can get a new one with a reliable structure?

The update.log ends while importing the first collection (your xbox games I think). Thats strange because I think you said that this is importing fine. Looks like memory or HD space problems. One thought about this: Xbox seems to map the drive where XBMC runs to Q:. Is this a special place on your HD or maybe a place with size limitations? If you import large collections and set the log level to INFO it will create quite large log files (several MB). Maybe this could be a problem? If you already try version 0.6e you can set the log level in config.xml: Set RCBSetting/logLevel to WARNING. This will reduce the size of the log file drastically.

But I also have to check memory consumption with these large files. No idea, if I have a chance to solve this. Maybe splitting up the large files could be a workaround?

I'm guess he used a synopsis.txt not exported from the new system. The order of the fields should not change after exporting in the new system Smile
Paybac Wrote:Yea weird, not sure where i meesed up there? But have chucked the new Parser in and everything seems to be running smooth, quite a few descritions being missed.

Yep i realise now that i have the old hand typed synopsis.txt so will need to grab the synopsis.net made ones. That should sort out the missing descriptions mentioned above.
Ok. Means everything is working for you now?

Quote:You mentioned above you were having trouble scraping multiple collections, I don't believe i have run into this problem as such.

Not sure. But for sure I have problems to import a new collection if there is one imported already. Seems that showing one collection consumes some memory and parsing a new one requires more than left. I think about clearing all lists before starting a new import or maybe mark an import as to be done at next startup. I think that should solve this problem.

Quote:But as an idea, could each collection be created in its on config.xml would then the script looking and a single config at a time be of any benefit?

No, I don't think this helps. You can already switch import on/off per collection. This should be enough to import collections one by one.

Quote:I had a quick look at the image scaling issue, would a solution be as simple as changing the instances, I havent tested it just putting it out there. <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> to <aspectratio>center</aspectratio> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aspect_Ratio

"center" will only show a small part of the image. I tried it with "keep", this does what you expect it to do, I think. But I am still not sure if I like it. Horizontal images are looking good, but vertical images are very small now. Try it out and tell me what you think.

Maybe different views for horizontal and vertical images and a favorite view per collection could be a work around?

Quote:Also had a look at the video side of things in the skin xmls could this line here
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(mainviewvideos izesmall))</visible> just be set a <visible> true</visible>? would this fix our window issue? I havn't tested might try tomorrow, if you havnt reponded saying how crazy my ideas are

Tried this already. It doesn't work. I have no idea how to get this working. I will try to set up a new script that will do nothing else than showing a windowed video. If this runs on xbox I know I have an error in my script. Otherwise somebody should check the XBMC4Xbox code if there is an error in implementing this feature.

I want work on a fullscreen video browser for RCB. Means that you can switch to video view per button click and browse all videos of currently selected games (similar to game details) in full screen. Not sure if it will work like I think it should do. But if it does it should be a work around to get videos shown on xbox. And it would be a nice feature anyway;-)

Quote:Anyways i dont realyy know what im talking about just putting it out there

Think loud;-)
malte Wrote:Ok. Means everything is working for you now?
Unfornunately no Sad Still the same problem, just seems to be the larger synopsis.txt.

Guna test the genesis synopsis now.

This was just using the single collection.

So i cut it down from 40,000 lines until i got a working synopsis.txt. The first working synopsis i got was around 1000 lines, aprox 41KB. This is the point where games were at least being added but no synopsis information was.
Paybac Wrote:So i cut it down from 40,000 lines until i got a working synopsis.txt. The first working synopsis i got was around 1000 lines, aprox 41KB. This is the point where games were at least being added but no synopsis information was.

Ok, this seems to be something different than memory issue. I would understand if you had to cut it down to 20,000 or 30,000 lines but not 1,000.

Do you start with a clean database or do you already have some collections imported?

How long do you wait before you terminate XBMC? I have tried to let RCB parse your big description file with the parser that I have attached you in an earlier post. It lasts about 30 minutes or more to complete parsing this large file on xbox.

Can you enable xbmc debug? You can see how memory consumption is going on. You should see CPU at 100% the whole time parsing the file and memory going down slowly. If it reaches 0 it is a memory problem;-)

I am still working on better memory handling but I think your problem is another one.
AH interesting, the longest i have left it for would be close to 30minutes i supose with it just sitting on collection v2 so may have shut it off early when i was chopping the synopsis down i was just leaving it for a few minutes. I was under the impression it would act like the xbox parser or at least like the other collections. The xbox being near instant passing of the parser before scraping and the other collections being 30seconds or before starting to scrape the synopsis.

Yes i have had debug on in earlier testing and seen it going down slowly i never waited till it hit 0 in these circumstances only till it got to about 5000.

Ah so my problem may be impaitence, lol, what a pain i have been if this is the case.

Will test this soon with debug on and see how we go.
Hey Malte, had a play around with one of the views this is what i came up with

Heres the Skin views xml (I altered just the view Gamelist 51) didnt know how to add a new viewLaugh
http://pastebin.com/3uMWzGpn

Heres the extra texture needed to be added to the media folder
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll67/...black1.png