Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
malte Wrote:Looks like you enabled the option Escape emulator cmd in addon settings. Try to disable this and ty again.

Weird. Was enabled by default on both my systems. Works flawlessly now. Thanks!
mattchapman Wrote:Will I encounter problems if I use "True Fullscreen" in XBMC?
It really depends on your system, your emulators, your settings, etc. But regardless, you can easily avoid any issues with the "Solo Mode" option which exits out of XBMC while your emulator is running. I use "True Fullscreen" for XBMC in Windows 7, and I just run all my emulators in Solo Mode.
claimui Wrote:It really depends on your system, your emulators, your settings, etc. But regardless, you can easily avoid any issues with the "Solo Mode" option which exits out of XBMC while your emulator is running. I use "True Fullscreen" for XBMC in Windows 7, and I just run all my emulators in Solo Mode.

Great thank you.
Advanced Launcher has issues with True Fullscreen and I was curious if RCB is the same.
mattchapman Wrote:Great thank you.
Advanced Launcher has issues with True Fullscreen and I was curious if RCB is the same.
That exactly the same.
Angelscry Wrote:That exactly the same.

Yes but RCB has SOLO Mode which supposedly quits xmbc, loads the emulator then restarts xbmc when the emulator exits. Still, I have yet to try it out!
Malte, I have a problem with the emulator "JPCSP", for PSP I tried several solutions before posting here.

The problem is that the emulator need to to decode video and audio from a program called Sony SonicStage to work in "media engine" of the emulator.
The problem happens when the emulator that runs from within the RCB , the media engine in JPCSP works not, because if you make a bat file and run directly it works normally.
But this same bat does not work with media engine within the RCB, only the game runs without sound and video.

I tried an autoit script and works outside the rcb, but inside RCB jpcsp media engine not function, you have a solution?
Note: The emulator is executed the game in rcb, but without sound and video, because of the media engine, not working.
Solo mode does not work

Thanks for help!
I don't really understand the scenario. Can you show me the bat file?

From what I understand by now I guess it could be related to working directories. If you run the batch file directly it uses another context than it does when you run it from RCB. But this is just a guess.
Sure!
This is a bat file of a game!

http://www.4shared.com/file/ogoQF5sj/Ast...y__U_.html
hi
I'm having a problem with MAME in that it wont return to XBMC when I quit - it simply hangs on the desktop.
I'm using Solo mode.
I've gotten SNES9X
Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
I'm trying to get roms working in crystalbuntu (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97949) on the Apple TV 1. However, whenever I run this script I immediately get a script failed message and nothing happens. I am running a build from November 4th, according to System Info.

Here is a full debug log: http://pastebin.com/nHhVZghn

This seems to be the relevant section, however:

Code:
18:58:57 T:2882993040   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /root/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py
18:58:57 T:2882993040   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /root/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.cryptopy/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.demjson/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup/lib:/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/root/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pip-1.0-py2.6.egg:/usr/local/lib/python26.zip:/usr/local/lib/python2.6:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-linux2:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages:
18:58:57 T:2882993040   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /root/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser
18:58:57 T:2882993040   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.games.rom.collection.browser" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
18:58:57 T:2882993040    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
18:58:57 T:2882993040   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
18:58:57 T:2882993040   ERROR: Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
18:58:57 T:2882993040   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/root/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py", line 46, in <module>
                                                env2 = platform.machine()
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1309, in machine
                                                return uname()[4]
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1239, in uname
                                                processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 996, in _syscmd_uname
                                                rc = f.close()
                                            IOError: (10, 'No child processes')
18:58:57 T:2882993040    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
18:58:57 T:2882993040    INFO: Python script stopped
18:58:57 T:2882993040   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2882993040 terminating
18:58:57 T:3042010864   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 6 to stop
18:58:57 T:3042010864   DEBUG: python thread 6 destructed
18:58:57 T:3042010864   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
18:58:57 T:3042010864   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 0.01ms (0.01 ms skin load)
18:59:03 T:3042010864   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
18:59:03 T:3042010864   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate

I would greatly appreciate any help/insight!

EDIT: NEVERMIND! just found the newer v0.9.4 of the script posted a few pages back in this thread. I did have whatever the most recent version is that's available via the addon browser (0.93, I believe) but updating to this fixed the problem, I suspect due to the zlib package issue.
Well, it only sort of fixed things. The script will now run, but still isn't working quite right. The first time I ran things after installing the 9.4 version, it popped up with a dialog saying that RCB was scanning (not sure what it would be scanning?) and if I would like to cancel the scanning. I said yes, I would like to cancel. Then when I tried to launch it again after cancelling, it said it was still trying to cancel the scan "Cancelling in progress: import is still being cancelled. Please try again later." Many minutes later it still said the same thing. Even after REBOOTING it still said the same thing. So, I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

As I said, I'm running the november 4th build of XBMC via Crystalbuntu on the apple TV 1. Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/aC2PveNv
Domina Wrote:Sure!
This is a bat file of a game!
Not sure what causes the problem. Did you try to debug the script with echo-statements? This way you should find out which parts of the script are fired or not. Maybe it behaves differently when started from RCB.

mattchapman Wrote:I'm having a problem with MAME in that it wont return to XBMC when I quit - it simply hangs on the desktop.
What hangs on the desktop? MAME or XBMC? Do you see any error messages (popup windows or inside the log)?

If it is MAME, does it also have trouble to exit when you run it without XBMC?

timdog82001 Wrote:Well, it only sort of fixed things. The script will now run, but still isn't working quite right. The first time I ran things after installing the 9.4 version, it popped up with a dialog saying that RCB was scanning (not sure what it would be scanning?) and if I would like to cancel the scanning. I said yes, I would like to cancel. Then when I tried to launch it again after cancelling, it said it was still trying to cancel the scan "Cancelling in progress: import is still being cancelled. Please try again later." Many minutes later it still said the same thing. Even after REBOOTING it still said the same thing. So, I'm not quite sure what's going on here.
Strange. This seems to be a problem with the "Import games on XBMC startup" option. Looks like you have enabled this in the past and there was an error while executing it.

You should go to RCBs userdata folder and delete the file "settings.xml" (or look inside the file and set the option "rcb_scrapeOnStartupAction" to "nothing"). This should solve the problem.
malte Wrote:Not sure what causes the problem. Did you try to debug the script with echo-statements? This way you should find out which parts of the script are fired or not. Maybe it behaves differently when started from RCB.

I checked a log file jpcsp it seems he can not run a dll (libxuggle-xuggler-3.dll) that is used for media engine, this is a problem because it prevents playing psp with RCB (with music and video).
I verified that the dll be there.

I also tried the 64 bit version, but RCB can not release it because it is 64 bits, through shortcut or bat but did not work.

It would not be possible to create a special jpcsp fix in a future version?

Log JPCSP
http://www.4shared.com/file/Ow5GeRUI/test.html

Interestingly, the normal work outside RCB

My config:
Windows 7 ultimate 64bits SP1
RCB SVN
XBMC Eden PVR GIT 20111120-E73247C (11/20/11)
Hello!

"Control with id:1000 could not be found. check windows xml file."

Whenever I turn Kiosk mode on I get this message - only in RCB. Turning it off returns RCB to normal.

Can someone help me sort this out? It's really annoying having to scroll all the way down to filter to change systems. Also, kiosk mode is better for movies.
Domina Wrote:It would not be possible to create a special jpcsp fix in a future version?
Hmmm, still not sure what that fix could be. I guess there must be a way to fix this inside the batch file. But I don't know how atm because I am not deep enough into it (writing batch files on the one hand and psp on the other). Sorry.

blinken Wrote:"Control with id:1000 could not be found. check windows xml file."

Whenever I turn Kiosk mode on I get this message - only in RCB. Turning it off returns RCB to normal.
I guess you are talking about Aeon MQ3 skin? Smile

I just expected that this control (favorite button) is available in all skins. But it does not seem to be available in Aeon MQ3 if you turn on kiosk mode. I made this more stable now and RCB won't crash anymore if any control is not available. This fix will be available in the next version.

Anyway, I just tested RCB with kiosk mode in Aeon MQ3 and there does not seem to be a way to access the filter controls anymore. Maybe I am just too dumb to do it or we have to ask MarcosQui if he could add the filters when kisok mode is turned on.