Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, and thank for this addon.
I have some issues during the importation, online scraping cannot proceed because of parsing errors. (I'm getting "The first 10 games could not be imported..." error).

Quote:02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618462208 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Users\RF\Downloads\ROMS\Super Nintendo SNES Collection Emulator plus 763 ROMS H33T 1981CamaroZ28\SNES_763 ROMS\2020 Super Baseball (U).zip
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618458112 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): 2020 Super Baseball (U).zip
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618458112 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): 2020 Super Baseball (U)
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618458112 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start scraping info for game: 2020 Super Baseball (U)
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618392576 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: thegamesdb.net
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618388480 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: description file (tokens replaced): http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?na...%28SNES%29
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618388480 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Encoding: utf-8
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618195968 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?na...%28SNES%29
02:29:07 T:6604 M:2618195968 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: [Errno socket error] (11004, 'getaddrinfo failed')

please find a complete log here:
http://pastebin.com/4Kg1JQ5c

What is wrong ?
Domina Wrote:Hi Malte, I have done side by side coverflow in my skin and had begun the empirical coverflow mode and I took a project to games also do not know if it was the last add svn, but if it was possible in a future update to add support for 3 more types of images available to appear in the gallery, exemple such as red (classifcation, media and title)
title (I usually put just a logo for game), though I think your original idea is a screenshot of the game's title screen.
I ask because these inclusions would be beneficial for the RCB as a skinner would have more options and look at the confluence prórpia would be better, since with 3 icons the look is to asymmetrical, seems like something is missing.
Yes, will be possible. I guess I will use another name for the title image. But this will also take some more time as I want to find a way to make the new options not too confusing for other users that don't have all of these images available.

Elviguiero Wrote:Quick though regarding your request, Domina, and as i had the same "problem", here is what i've done to manage more pics without adding more extraimages:
you can use your nfo fields to match your needs.
ex: regarding the console logo, i wrote in my skin:
<texture>platform/$INFO[ListItem.Property(console)].png</texture>,
and in the media folder, created a folder "platform" with all consoles logos.
This can by use for various infos: controller, perspective, media, even companies logos can be done that way. The only restraint is that you have to exactly match the name in your nfo and in your media folder (can be difficult for game companies).
Using this, you'll only need a new tag in the nfo for age rating (i personnaly use rating for age rating and votes for game rating), and keep your extraimages for specific games pictures (like the logo).
This works and it is a good option as long as the script does not fully support all this. But I think it will be better if I add support in the script so I can also add some name matching logic and support different file types (jpg, png, ...)

pingomister Wrote:Hello. Is the "filter" sub-screen the only way to browse the rom collection by console? Why doesn't RCB have at least a console browsing screen when the application is opened?
Yes, it is the only way atm. There will be kind of a dash board in future. But this will also take some time until it is finished.

re5et Wrote:I am having trouble importing my mame collection. Every time I attempt to do so, I get the message "First 10 games could not be imported. Continue anyway?" Selecting "Yes" repeats the error. Some relevant excerpts from the log can be seen here. Trying to access any of the scraping URLs mentioned in the log results in a 404. Is the scraper just down or am I missing something?
Unfortunately due to an attack MAWS is down for a while now. More infos can be found in the mameworld forums.

Platypus Wrote:I have some issues during the importation, online scraping cannot proceed because of parsing errors. (I'm getting "The first 10 games could not be imported..." error).
Looks like a network error. Seems like you could not connect to any of the scraped web sites. Do you have internet access from the computer you are running RCB on?
Thanks Malte.

I could finally solve this problem. It was also preventing me from using most video addons.

I thought I was not using a proxy because it was disabled in Firefox and the installation of plugins through the xbmc system worked fine.
But in my windows parameter I found a ticked " use a proxy" checkbox. So I guess the proxy was default and firefox was bypassing it.

So I don't understand much of it, but at least now it's working Smile.
@Malte:
I totally agree, it would be better if handled directly by the script. I just wanted to shared a little trick ;-).
Also, i first tweeked my nfo with rating for age rating because i thought that was the aim of the tag, and then realised it was not!!! but decided to keep it that way as it was convenient. A new tag would be welcome (thegamedb.net already provides ESRB ratings, maybe Pegi etc in the future), but no rush.
Keep the good work
Hello, I'm a first time RCB User, from what i've seen here it is a great Addon, but sadly it does not work for me Sad
I Don't know why it shows me, that it is fetching info from online source, but in the end nothing shows up.
RCB Version 1.0.0
XBMC Eden Pre Beta by opdenkamp
I'm a little confused about trying to get RCB to launch emulators in solo mode on eden live.

So what I do know:
Quote:If you use XBMC Live without an additional window manager you can use RCB only in non-solo mode. See section Use Emulator solo for details.

But now there is the service available:

Quote:Eden: "autoexec.py" mechanism is replaced in XBMCs new version Eden. Returning to RCB is now done with a service functionality. There is an additional Addon called "Rom Collection Browser Service" that you have to install to use this functionality. You will find it in the Service category of XBMCs Addon browser.

Does using the service, now in eden, allow solo mode in live? Because soon as I enable solo I can't launch emulators.

If the service doesn't allow solo mode in eden live how do I go about making solo mode work? I have a feeling it has something to do with "additional window manager" but not sure where to start.

Also sometimes when in the "Edit Rom Collection" menu xbmc crashes (on xbmc live 11.0-beta (compiled:dec 28))
LAW-Mastermind Wrote:I Don't know why it shows me, that it is fetching info from online source, but in the end nothing shows up.
Could you please show me your XBMC log file? Otherwise I can't see whats going on. Check the wiki if you have trouble finding the log file on your system.

bnevets27 Wrote:Does using the service, now in eden, allow solo mode in live? Because soon as I enable solo I can't launch emulators.

If the service doesn't allow solo mode in eden live how do I go about making solo mode work? I have a feeling it has something to do with "additional window manager" but not sure where to start.
The RCB service is just a replacement of the "autoexec.py" used in Dharma. It does not change the fact that you can't launch emulators without any window manager. So, an additional window manager would be the way to go. But this is a general Linux task, nothing related to XBMC or RCB. I did never do this myself, I just read from other users that did it. Sorry, can't be of help here. Maybe someone else can help you or you could search here in the forum or on other Linux sites how to perform this task.

As a start: In the old Launcher wiki is a quick and dirty way described how to do this: link. Again, I never did this myself. So I can't tell you if this method is still working or has any other impacts.

bnevets27 Wrote:Also sometimes when in the "Edit Rom Collection" menu xbmc crashes (on xbmc live 11.0-beta (compiled:dec 28))
Can you show me a log after this happens? I cannot reproduce this issue here.
i tried to import windows game but stuck at choose path to windows. It show only my G:\ driver (my virtual driver) and doesnt show the others (C:\, D:\, or E:\) btw, i tried to removed the disk frome my virtyal driver but it doesnt work, anyway how to fix this Sad
vanduc2514 Wrote:i tried to import windows game but stuck at choose path to windows. It show only my G:\ driver (my virtual driver) and doesnt show the others (C:\, D:\, or E:\) btw, i tried to removed the disk frome my virtyal driver but it doesnt work, anyway how to fix this
Maybe you have to add your drives manually like explained here
Hey malte, thanks for the support and for this great addon, here is my log:
http://pastebin.com/TwLPCunr
@LAW-Mastermind: I guess you found a bug. Problem is that you tried to import only 1 game and this was only available on mobygames. On mobygames there is only a front cover for this game and no other artwork. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug in RCBs mobygames scraper that always fails if there is only a front cover and no back cover found. I have to fix this bug in the next release.

The game is not imported because there is no artwork found for this game. So, to get RCB working in general you could try with some more games and see if it gets better results for your other games.

To get this one game imported you could download the front cover manually (link) and place it into the boxfront folder for your games: "C:\Users\Mastermind\Desktop\Gamelinks\boxfront". Rename it to "Assassin's Creed Revelations.jpg". If you run the import again, RCB should find this file and import it.
THX mate, your the best will try it as soon as possible, what bothers me, is that it only got found on mobygames, as i found it myself on thevideogamedb.com
I guess you mean thegamesdb.net? Yes, you are right. The game is available there with all required artwork files. Unfortunately the API of thegamesdb does not return the game when I search for "Assassin's Creed Revelations" but it would return it if I search for "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" (with ":"). You could try it with the following link: http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?na...latform=PC. Problem is that you can't rename your game with ":" because this is not allowed on Windows.

This would be worth as a feature request on thegamesdb. I think there will be much more games that could not be found because of this issue.

It is on my list to allow users to specify there own search terms if a game could not be found. But this will have to wait some time as the plate of features and fixes is quite full atm.

In the meantime you could just try to rename the game to "Assassin's Creed" and import the game again in interactive mode (not nice but it would work). Or you should get the artwork on your own as described in the previous post.
malte Wrote:I guess you mean thegamesdb.net? Yes, you are right. The game is available there with all required artwork files. Unfortunately the API of thegamesdb does not return the game when I search for "Assassin's Creed Revelations" but it would return it if I search for "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" (with ":"). You could try it with the following link: http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?na...latform=PC. Problem is that you can't rename your game with ":" because this is not allowed on Windows.

This would be worth as a feature request on thegamesdb. I think there will be much more games that could not be found because of this issue.

It is on my list to allow users to specify there own search terms if a game could not be found. But this will have to wait some time as the plate of features and fixes is quite full atm.

In the meantime you could just try to rename the game to "Assassin's Creed" and import the game again in interactive mode (not nice but it would work). Or you should get the artwork on your own as described in the previous post.

This issue should be fixed with the new version of our API. We will be releasing it soon Smile
Nice that this will be fixed Smile
Another issue i´ve found, is that i can´t add videos after i´ve already added games, i have to delete the whole collection and create a new one, already read it in the thread, just second that issue.
But to be honest, i love this addon, it just adds this little extra, you all know what i´m talking about Wink