Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
malte Wrote:Did you also import games? There is an import dialog at the end of the configuration wizard. If you skipped this, you can invoke "Import Games" via context menu again.

If you did import games and it still shows no games please show me the log file after an import. Maybe there is an error in your configuration or you ran into a bug of the addon.

I did import games, but nothing appears. :/ I also get messages like "Importing X... downloading images etc", but that's all.

Isn't there anyway to hard reset the settings? I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but it somehow remembers the old configuration of emulators.

PS: I set level to "debug", but where is the file log located at?

PPS: Another note. Everytime I launch XBMC, it asks me to select the correct result of my roms -- I don't think it's normal. Plus, it often crashes the whole XBMC.
aur0n Wrote:Isn't there anyway to hard reset the settings? I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but it somehow remembers the old configuration of emulators.
Yes, just delete all content in "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser".

Quote:PS: I set level to "debug", but where is the file log located at?
Please check this section in the FAQ.

Quote:PPS: Another note. Everytime I launch XBMC, it asks me to select the correct result of my roms -- I don't think it's normal.
Don't understand what you mean with "select the correct result of my roms". No, does not sound normal.

Quote:Plus, it often crashes the whole XBMC.
Also not normal. Please let me see your log file. I am sure there is something wrong with your setup.
malte Wrote:You can do this via RCBs UI like explained here. Just edit the Emulator params. Or you can directly edit config.xml (may be easier because you can copy/paste the path). Just add the inipath to the property "emulatorParams". I guess it should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorParams>-inipath "c:\mame" "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

Thanks For your Help That's work great now ^^
And thanks for your work Big Grin
malte Wrote:Yes, just delete all content in "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser".

Please check this section in the FAQ.

Don't understand what you mean with "select the correct result of my roms". No, does not sound normal.

Also not normal. Please let me see your log file. I am sure there is something wrong with your setup.

Thank you, I got it working by resetting the folder content and doing the settings all over again.
I cannot get this working across the network for some reason. I am only using Snes for now and tried it out locally on C: and all scanned fine but when I setup the new rom collection across the network nothing shows up. I have added the source as a new path, checked all the details and still nothing scans or shows up.
Any idea why this would happen?

http://pastebin.com/49DSWPqU
{{INX}} Wrote:I cannot get this working across the network for some reason. I am only using Snes for now and tried it out locally on C: and all scanned fine but when I setup the new rom collection across the network nothing shows up. I have added the source as a new path, checked all the details and still nothing scans or shows up.
I guess this is related to problems accessing smb-shares. Please try like explained here.
Thanks malte, I will start reading up Smile

Edit: That's fixed it, thanks malte Smile
Does anyone know how to get zsnes to quit when hitting escape instead of just going back to the gui.

Edit: Ignore please as it seems to be exiting without a problem now.

I have just rescanned the network Snes in but now its finished none of the artwork of any kind is showing. I have checked the log and no errors are showing.
{{INX}} Wrote:I have just rescanned the network Snes in but now its finished none of the artwork of any kind is showing. I have checked the log and no errors are showing.
Did you check the log directly after the import? If you closed xbmc after the import you won't see any error messages in the log when no artwork is found while launching RCB.

Also make sure that you edited the artwork paths the same way you did with the rom path. It also won't work with smb://.
New test version available: 1.0.2

List of changes:

General:
  • missing info / artwork dialog: select criteria to show or hide games with missing info / artwork
  • changed text of game description options in config wizard
Import Games:
  • bugfix: local nfo scraper did not find games with () in name
Browse Games:
  • bugfix: videos of games with "," in name did not play (note: this is a skinning change, will only work in Confluence, Night and Simplicity skins atm)

This version is kind of a preparation for new re-scraping features. As a start RCBs default behaviour will change from "Don't import what you don't know" to "Don't show what you don't want to see".

Usually the quality of your rom collection's info and artwork won't be 100% after your first game import. With the new "missing info filter" you can filter your games by availability of info and/or artwork. It will allow you to do queries like "All games with missing boxfront and/or screenshot artwork" and/or "All games with missing Publisher and/or Developer information" (artwork types and info properties can be selected by user). You can decide if you want to show only games with missing info/artwork (will be useful in later re-scraping scenarios) or if you want to hide games with missing info/artwork (already useful if you don't want to clutter your browsing experience with incomplete game information). These filter settings are stored permanently in config.xml.

The new "Missing info filter" dialog looks like this:

Just play around with it, I am sure you will soon find out how it works. Please report any bugs or leave any suggestions on this new feature here in the thread.

With this version I will also change the default XBMC version of test releases. From now on test versions will be Eden compatible and don't work on Dharma anymore. Stable versions will still be submitted to the Dharma repo as long as it is maintained by XBMC devs.

Previous version: 0.9.9
OK I am baffled!
I have installed your latest version and I still have the same problem, no artwork.
I have replaced all the paths from smb// to \\Home-Server\etc as you stated and nothing shows up.
I have just copied my n64 folder to c:, rescanned and everything shows up fine, so it is something to do with the network.

Heres my config.xml for the network setup http://pastebin.com/SFv48fzv
malte Wrote:New test version available: 1.0.2

List of changes:

General:
  • missing info / artwork dialog: select criteria to show or hide games with missing info / artwork
  • changed text of game description options in config wizard
Import Games:
  • bugfix: local nfo scraper did not find games with () in name
Browse Games:
  • bugfix: videos of games with "," in name did not play (note: this is a skinning change, will only work in Confluence, Night and Simplicity skins atm)

This version is kind of a preparation for new re-scraping features. As a start RCBs default behaviour will change from "Don't import what you don't know" to "Don't show what you don't want to see".

Usually the quality of your rom collection's info and artwork won't be 100% after your first game import. With the new "missing info filter" you can filter your games by availability of info and/or artwork. It will allow you to do queries like "All games with missing boxfront and/or screenshot artwork" and/or "All games with missing Publisher and/or Developer information" (artwork types and info properties can be selected by user). You can decide if you want to show only games with missing info/artwork (will be useful in later re-scraping scenarios) or if you want to hide games with missing info/artwork (already useful if you don't want to clutter your browsing experience with incomplete game information). These filter settings are stored permanently in config.xml.

The new "Missing info filter" dialog looks like this:

Just play around with it, I am sure you will soon find out how it works. Please report any bugs or leave any suggestions on this new feature here in the thread.

With this version I will also change the default XBMC version of test releases. From now on test versions will be Eden compatible and don't work on Dharma anymore. Stable versions will still be submitted to the Dharma repo as long as it is maintained by XBMC devs.

Previous version: 0.9.9

Sounds fantastic Malte and I will test this with my Genesis collection this week. Thanks a lot, the new filter functions are a great treat for completists like myself ;-)
Shall I contact Marcos for a MQ3 update or did you already? (for the movies with games with a ',' in the title?)

Thanks again,
Grave
Hello Malte,

I upgraded RCB and did some first tests. I did not see a lot of difference at first, but my version number is definitely 1.0.2.

Quote:Import Games:
bugfix: local nfo scraper did not find games with () in name
Anyway, I'm sorry to say the the info scraping is not solved. What I did was :
1) I removed all the roms from the genesis collection (option, remove games only)
2) I rescraped everything using the genesis scraper. Like before, all artwork and movies are linked, but none of the info from the nfo files is. When I check the log, I see the same errors (the game title without the "(USA)" part, like mentioned before in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=103...count=2085).
3) rescraping using the local nfo scraper adds all the info.

Quote:Browse Games:
bugfix: videos of games with "," in name did not play (note: this is a skinning change, will only work in Confluence, Night and Simplicity skins atm)
I switched to confluence and indeed, the movies files were there! Good job, thanks. I added a bug report over at Marcos site to ask for the MQ3 fix.

Quote:General:
missing info / artwork dialog: select criteria to show or hide games with missing info / artwork
changed text of game description options in config wizard
Can you tell me where the new filter functions can be found? I don't see them anywhere...

Cheers,
Grave
st graveyard Wrote:Anyway, I'm sorry to say the the info scraping is not solved. What I did was :
1) I removed all the roms from the genesis collection (option, remove games only)
2) I rescraped everything using the genesis scraper. Like before, all artwork and movies are linked, but none of the info from the nfo files is. When I check the log, I see the same errors (the game title without the "(USA)" part, like mentioned before in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2085).
3) rescraping using the local nfo scraper adds all the info.
Sorry, I guess I just fixed it with the local nfo scraper in mind, not for scrapers that you create "by hand". I will check and fix this, too.

st graveyard Wrote:Can you tell me where the new filter functions can be found? I don't see them anywhere...
They are also only available in Confluence skin atm. You can access them in the panel at the bottom of the page (next to the button to change views).

But please don't tell Marcos about this feature already (at least he should not start to work on it). I need some more time to create a stable version for the repo and it will be confusing for users if they have the function in Aeon MQ3 but RCB is not ready for it. (Asking for the video support was perfectly ok btwSmile)
malte Wrote:Sorry, I guess I just fixed it with the local nfo scraper in mind, not for scrapers that you create "by hand". I will check and fix this, too.

They are also only available in Confluence skin atm. You can access them in the panel at the bottom of the page (next to the button to change views).

But please don't tell Marcos about this feature already (at least he should not start to work on it). I need some more time to create a stable version for the repo and it will be confusing for users if they have the function in Aeon MQ3 but RCB is not ready for it. (Asking for the video support was perfectly ok btwSmile)

Ok, no problem.

Malte, with the local inf scraper there never was a problem for me regarding the "(" and ")" in the titles, only in the self created scrapers the problem occurs.

Cheers,
Grave