Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-08-23, 12:43)sarakha63 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to have game show in RCB when it is'nt scraped (beacause no info are found)

I would like to see them even with no poster and manually attach an image to them.

Because actually i have no way of seeing nor launching any of my game wich are'nt found on the scrapers.

Sorry if this question as already been answered

Thanks

There is a setting in the options to show games without images and other information that disabling fixed this issue for me. If you are talking about MAME games specifically, there is a third party tool you can use to populate all this information.
i did use those option but this did not solve the issue.

It's for wii games i have some games that does'nt exist on the scrapers site at all, and there isn't any trace of them in rom collectrion brower.

With advanced launcher they appear and i can assign them a title, a image and a fanart manually

I don't really understand what's happening
(2012-08-22, 08:56)sudopinion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-22, 07:24)tmpdir Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having problems using RCB with emulators in lower resulution?

When running dolphin in very low resulutions (my htpc is not so fast), i'm not getting the dolphin-emu in full screen. When I use alt-tab to switch between desktop and dolphin-emu the problem is fixed.

No strange errors in the xbmc logfile or any answers I could find in this thread and on the RCB wiki.

dolphin-emu after launching from RCB
Yup. This happens to me too.

I notice the same problem occurs when launching dolphin-emu without the rom collection browser using:
/usr/local/bin/dolphin-emu" -e "/Roms/New SUPER MARIO BROS.iso" -b

Problem seems to be that the emulator doesn't get the focus when executed this way.

Any solutions?
Is it possible to launch batch files in windows with RCB? Ive been mucking about trying to get it to work all afternoon with no success. Ive been trying to use the %ROM% variable but instead of launching the batch file I get an error saying %ROM% is not a command.

My config.xml:
Code:
<RomCollection id="10" name="SEGA Saturn">
      <emulatorCmd>%ROM%</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams></emulatorParams>
      <romPath>E:\emulation\roms\saturn\*.bat</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />

My applaunch.bat:
Code:
REM Is XBMC running?
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
REM Wait for the kill
REM sleep
REM Launch app
%*
REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too fast, and on some hardware if there is still a millisecond of sound being used, XBMC starts witout sound and some emulators say there is a problem with the sound hardware. If so, remove comment:
ping localhost -n 10 > nul
REM Done? Restart XBMC
explorer "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

The error I get:
Code:
\Windows\system32>REM Is XBMC running?

\Windows\system32>taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
CCESS: The process "XBMC.exe" with PID 3916 has

\Windows\system32>REM Wait for the kill

\Windows\system32>REM sleep

\Windows\system32>REM Launch app

\Windows\system32>"%ROM%"
%ROM%"' is not recognized as an internal or exte
erable program or batch file.

\Windows\system32>REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too
ere is still a millisecond of sound being used,
e emulators say there is a problem with the soun
t:

\Windows\system32>ping localhost -n 10  1>nul

From googling this seems to be the way to do it...And Im sure this used to work... although my setup has changed recently. This happens in both 1.0.1 and 1.0.5.

Any suggestions on how to get batch files to work with RCB?
sarakha63 Wrote:i did use those option but this did not solve the issue.

It's for wii games i have some games that does'nt exist on the scrapers site at all, and there isn't any trace of them in rom collectrion brower.

With advanced launcher they appear and i can assign them a title, a image and a fanart manually

I don't really understand what's happening
You have to reimport games after changing this option. It will not automatically show the games.

teeedubb Wrote:From googling this seems to be the way to do it...And Im sure this used to work... although my setup has changed recently. This happens in both 1.0.1 and 1.0.5.

Did not have the time to test this myself but I would say this is the way to do it. You could also try to leave emulatorCmd empty and use "%ROM%" as emulatorParams.
@teeedubb

Do you need to use batch scripts for each of your Saturn ISO's?
For my PS1 ISO's, I use the TOSEC ISO dumps, they are bin/cue each compressed into 7Zip files.
So instead of decompressing each game into it's own folder, I use the following batch script as my emu command line:

Code:
@echo off
mode con: lines=25  cols=80
echo Shutting down XBMC
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe >NUL

echo Launching Game
cd /d M:\Games\emu\ps1
7z.exe x %1 -ogame
ren game\*.cue "%~n1.cue"
mednafen.exe "game\%~n1.cue"
del /q game\*.*

echo Restarting XBMC
timeout -t 2 >NUL

If you really do need to use batch scripts for each of your games then use the Windows scrapper instead.
So remove your Saturn games collection and rescrap them as Windows games, using the *.bat as the roms file type.
Then edit your config.xml and rename the
<RomCollection id="20" name="Windows">
(or whatever the id is) to
<RomCollection id="20" name="SEGA Saturn">

I did something similar to this with my MAME roms since I have divided them out into things like Arcade: CAPCOM CPS 1/2/3, Arcade: SONY ZN 1/2, .....
I have three monitors hooked up to my windows 7 pc, two normal ones and my TV. I always have XBMC showing on my TV. When I want to play a snes rom (with bsnes) from the Rom Collection Browser the emulator starts on my primary monitor. I was wondering if there is a way to start the emulation on my TV (third monitor).

I have already tried an application called UltraMon, but it only allows me to start the emulator on my third monitor via a setting in the properties of a shortcut. When I then select that shortcut in the Rom Collection Browser as the place of the emulator, it doesn't work..

Anyone here got any ideas?
(2012-08-20, 05:02)asiajason Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-09, 14:26)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
asiajason Wrote:#1) how do I select the mame.app and get "ok" to highlight?
1. Isn't there any file inside the mame.app "folder" that is responsible for launching the emulator? The OK button should be available when you select any non-folder item.

1) No. In OSX - "Mame.app" is the mac binary executable. Stuff that exists within an "app" is just support/resource stuff. Every other app, even in terminal, handles running the app by executing "mame.app". I can not get the "ok" button for *any* file/folder in OSX. Does anyone have this working/tested on Mac?

Any answer to this? Does RCB work in Mac OS X? Can someone tell me how to select the "mame.app", which is an app, but in some weird way, it appears as a folder to your program. It's not a folder, though.
Hello, fellow RCB users.

So, in order to make the XBMC to Emulator transition smoother, I tried simply switching around commands, making XBMC minimize after the launch of emulator. Of course that didn't work, since emulator would be launched, but XBMC would await for closing of the emulator in order to return to its python script.

Now, I tried to change the launcherNonXbox launch sequence to the code below, in order to create a new thread, in order to bypass that. The thread was supposed to separate the emulator stuff and the main python script, allowing XBMC to wait sometime and then minimize. However I got the same result as before. So what did I get wrong?

Code:
def cmdLaunchers(cmd, romCollection):

os.system(cmd.encode(sys.getfilesystemencoding()))

thread.exit()

def launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection):                    

toggledScreenMode = False

thread.start_new_thread(cmdLaunchers,(cmd, romCollection))

time.sleep(1)

if (not romCollection.useEmuSolo):
        screenMode = xbmc.executehttpapi("GetSystemInfoByName(system.screenmode)").replace("<li>","")
        isFullScreen = screenMode.endswith("Full Screen")
        if(isFullScreen):
            xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
            toggledScreenMode = True        

if(toggledScreenMode):
        xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
(2012-08-24, 08:06)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to launch batch files in windows with RCB? Ive been mucking about trying to get it to work all afternoon with no success. Ive been trying to use the %ROM% variable but instead of launching the batch file I get an error saying %ROM% is not a command.

My config.xml:
Code:
<RomCollection id="10" name="SEGA Saturn">
      <emulatorCmd>%ROM%</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams></emulatorParams>
      <romPath>E:\emulation\roms\saturn\*.bat</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />

My applaunch.bat:
Code:
REM Is XBMC running?
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
REM Wait for the kill
REM sleep
REM Launch app
%*
REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too fast, and on some hardware if there is still a millisecond of sound being used, XBMC starts witout sound and some emulators say there is a problem with the sound hardware. If so, remove comment:
ping localhost -n 10 > nul
REM Done? Restart XBMC

The error I get:
Code:
\Windows\system32>REM Is XBMC running?

\Windows\system32>taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
CCESS: The process "XBMC.exe" with PID 3916 has

\Windows\system32>REM Wait for the kill

\Windows\system32>REM sleep

\Windows\system32>REM Launch app

\Windows\system32>"%ROM%"
%ROM%"' is not recognized as an internal or exte
erable program or batch file.

\Windows\system32>REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too
ere is still a millisecond of sound being used,
e emulators say there is a problem with the soun
t:

\Windows\system32>ping localhost -n 10  1>nul

From googling this seems to be the way to do it...And Im sure this used to work... although my setup has changed recently. This happens in both 1.0.1 and 1.0.5.

Have you tried RoM-Jacket? It includes a batch-file launcher which minimizes and then restores xbmc. Source is included.
http://code.google.com/rom-jacket/
Dutchuser Wrote:I have already tried an application called UltraMon, but it only allows me to start the emulator on my third monitor via a setting in the properties of a shortcut. When I then select that shortcut in the Rom Collection Browser as the place of the emulator, it doesn't work..

Sorry, no idea. Maybe someone else?

asiajason Wrote:Any answer to this? Does RCB work in Mac OS X? Can someone tell me how to select the "mame.app", which is an app, but in some weird way, it appears as a folder to your program. It's not a folder, though.
There are Mac users that are able to launch games via RCB. But I don't know how they managed it. I understood that they had to choose a file inside the app folder. But I might be wrong.

Avatarass Wrote:So, in order to make the XBMC to Emulator transition smoother, I tried simply switching around commands, making XBMC minimize after the launch of emulator. Of course that didn't work, since emulator would be launched, but XBMC would await for closing of the emulator in order to return to its python script.

Now, I tried to change the launcherNonXbox launch sequence to the code below, in order to create a new thread, in order to bypass that. The thread was supposed to separate the emulator stuff and the main python script, allowing XBMC to wait sometime and then minimize. However I got the same result as before. So what did I get wrong?
Maybe you can solve this with using the Popen mode for launching games. This should go back to XBMC immediately and execute the remaining commands.
(2012-08-27, 14:01)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
Dutchuser Wrote:I have already tried an application called UltraMon, but it only allows me to start the emulator on my third monitor via a setting in the properties of a shortcut. When I then select that shortcut in the Rom Collection Browser as the place of the emulator, it doesn't work..

Sorry, no idea. Maybe someone else?
Dutchuser, maybe you can give a try to Display Changer freeware what allow you to comand displays or define active display simply using command lines.

(2012-08-27, 14:01)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
Avatarass Wrote:So, in order to make the XBMC to Emulator transition smoother, I tried simply switching around commands, making XBMC minimize after the launch of emulator. Of course that didn't work, since emulator would be launched, but XBMC would await for closing of the emulator in order to return to its python script.

Maybe you can solve this with using the Popen mode for launching games. This should go back to XBMC immediately and execute the remaining commands.

Well, I am pretty sure what you did in 1.0.5 version works only on Windows. In order to make it work on Linux machine I had to change it to:

proc=subprocess.Popen([cmd], shell=True)
proc.communicate()

.... while that worked, I didn't get anywhere because I experienced the same exact problem. That was the reason I decided to do multitasking.
Has anyone been able to launch Final Burn Alpha?

I know there is FBA Shuffle that works, but I prefer to stick with the official build.
(2012-08-28, 14:06)tranceology3 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been able to launch Final Burn Alpha?

I know there is FBA Shuffle that works, but I prefer to stick with the official build.

I'm using the official build and it works great.