Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've just installed this add-on and when I launch it it flashes "Loading List..." on the screen then goes black. If I hit tab or space a dropdown menu from the top of the screen becomes visible then goes away when I move the mouse. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. This is on XBMCbuntu. Thanks in advance.
dohnalradek Wrote:Hi. I completely reinstall XBMC (now I've built it on Ubuntu 12.10). Install RBC and for the first time I run it without problem. Then I restart PC. But when I try to run RBC now, I get again only error message: "error: script failed! script.games.rom.collection.browser". Error message is a little bit different, but it till not work. I really dont know what can I do to work it ok.
Log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4933 - line 1164
There is still something weird with the pysqlite installation on your system. Where did you get this build? Is it the official stable build or are you using something special?

altoiddealer Wrote:Here it is!
Many thanks in advance
Did you set "Use filename as crc" in "Edit Offline Scraper" dialog?

altoiddealer Wrote:Unrelated question: Is it possible to mod RCB to replace a filter? I would like to set a filter for MaxPlayers
It will be possible but it requires some changes in python code. If you want to get on it just let me know. I could point you in the right direction. I always had in mind to add something like this myself (maybe making it configurable what filters are shown). But this will not happen soon.

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Another thing, crysis 3 is not shown in the most played roms widget not in nox and not in ace
Maybe you did not played it often enough? To be clear: it is no "Recently played" list. It plainly checks how often you launched this game (because RCB has no other statistics in the current version).

pocster Wrote:Got rom collection browser installed on frodo. Finds my rom's but when I execute xbmc.log reports:

14:29:06 T:2693901120 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
This error is not critical. It will try another method if this one does not work. You need to show me your complete xbmc.log. Does launching the rom work from command line?

pocster Wrote:Not sure if this is correct!. But tried adding the browser service zip; got error 'update failed'. tried also installing latest version 2.0.3 (?) direct from zip - got dependencies not met.
You will need both latest versions from RCBs project homepage (RCB Service 1.0.0 and RCB 2.0.3). Install the service first.

Xeonisius Wrote:I've just installed this add-on and when I launch it it flashes "Loading List..." on the screen then goes black. If I hit tab or space a dropdown menu from the top of the screen becomes visible then goes away when I move the mouse. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. This is on XBMCbuntu. Thanks in advance.
Did you already added and imported your Rom Collections? Check the First Use page if you don't know how to do this.
I understand, how it should work, crysis 3 is my second most played game, the second place is just left empty
Ok. Can you show me a log after you started XBMC? Maybe I can see why the game is not listed.
Debug log or regular log? If debug, RCB and XBMC debug?
(2013-03-12, 18:17)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Per platform viewstate will be added to my list

I wonder if there is a simple solution that would work within the existing available skin/widget database

I believe that for the skins that contain a RCB widget, the option is for "Most Played ROMs" so there is some AddonLabelTonguelayCount being polled by the skin to produce the ROMs in that widget

It seems like a collaborative effort, but if there was a Emulator_Collection's_Console_Name (AddonLabel:Sega, AddonLabel:SNES, etc) that the skin devs could call, then the widget could be something like "ROMs by system" and would display a picture of each console or a simple text title

The "dashboard" option definitely seems like a widget / skinner option to me. The widget would, of course, need to be able to hook into the existing RCB "console" sort. It would be something like
Code:
<onclick>Addon.RCB.Property(Genesis)]</onclick>
. Hopefully it could be similar to other databases where you would automatically have the viewstate saved for each console "sort"

All of this stuff is completely made up as I really don't know what the underpinnings of a skin or RCB actually look like

It would have the same look/feel as the mediabrowser (pay for) plugin Gamebrowser II. I wouldn't think many users here have any need for mediabrowser, but I might re-install the trial to determine where it goes to scrape the specific console images EDIT: That plugin scrapes TGDB for console art and game art
Has anyone setup a Nintendo GameCube set?

Is there a RetroArch core to do this? Never touched GameCube before, but I am starting to look at getting it on my system. Any help/suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Hey malte, could you perhaps field a suggestion regarding the UI?

When deleting individual games from a set, the RCB UI bounces back to the first game in the list in the main UI. Gets annoying when sifting through, deleting a ROM from the middle of the list and then you get bounced back to the beginning. Any way to have the focus bounce to the next or previous ROM of the one deleted when you delete individual games?

Thanks again!!
Gamecube/Wii works like a charm with default scrapers.
also using an eventghost script in order to quit my emulators with the gamepad, works out pretty neat.

By the way , is there any sort of possibility to enable some kind of XBMC overlay when running games? Similar to Games for Windows live , or the Menu on the Ps3.
Would be pretty damn awesome if that'd be possible haha , just dreaming though
hi guys, is it possible to play at 1080p?

i only get a small top left square playing. would be great, thank you.
malte: did you get my pm?
before any more people get confused , mlte != malte , unfortunately we share the same sweet name irl ( i presume)
LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Debug log or regular log? If debug, RCB and XBMC debug?
Hmmm, I just checked my code and it seems that I don't log much in this part of the program. So, regular log will be enough. I will just see if there is an error and if the game is listed.

Dark_Slayer Wrote:It seems like a collaborative effort, but if there was a Emulator_Collection's_Console_Name (AddonLabel:Sega, AddonLabel:SNES, etc) that the skin devs could call, then the widget could be something like "ROMs by system" and would display a picture of each console or a simple text title
In my oppinion these are two different features.
1. store the viewstate (viewtype, filters, selected games, ...) per console (if a console is selected in the filters)
2. add a dashboard with console and/or developer/publisher information and some statisitcs (favorite games, last added, ...)

Both features should be added one day but don't have the highest prio atm. But the per console viewstate should not be much work and the dashboard is something that I really want to have myself.

Dondi Wrote:When deleting individual games from a set, the RCB UI bounces back to the first game in the list in the main UI. Gets annoying when sifting through, deleting a ROM from the middle of the list and then you get bounced back to the beginning. Any way to have the focus bounce to the next or previous ROM of the one deleted when you delete individual games?
I will try if this is possible. Added to the list.

mlte Wrote:By the way , is there any sort of possibility to enable some kind of XBMC overlay when running games? Similar to Games for Windows live , or the Menu on the Ps3.
Would be pretty damn awesome if that'd be possible haha , just dreaming though
Not in the current way when we launch external emulators. But something like this should be possibe with garbears emulator branch. There already was some discussion about retroarchs background shaders in the thread. Another option would be simple overlays that could be added by the skins when a game is launched.

mlte Wrote:hi guys, is it possible to play at 1080p?
i only get a small top left square playing. would be great, thank you.
Depends on the emulator. You have to tell your emulator to launch the game in fullscreen.

e2zippo Wrote:malte: did you get my pm?
Yes. Did you get my response? Smile
As written in the PM I did not yet find out why it mixes up the artwork types. I will try to dig into this.

mlte Wrote:before any more people get confused , mlte != malte , unfortunately we share the same sweet name irl ( i presume)
Smile I was a bit confused before I realized the absence of the "a".
(2013-03-20, 08:45)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
altoiddealer Wrote:Here it is!
Many thanks in advance
Did you set "Use filename as crc" in "Edit Offline Scraper" dialog?

Yep! I definitely followed all the steps in the wiki article
Thanks malte. Welcome back!
I just updated to "Frodo" today and went threw some of the plugins since it seems some of the ones I used no longer work with the latest version. I noticed this ROM Collection add on. I've spent hours now trying to understand how to get it to work and setup. I'm no noob to XBMC as I've used it for years now but RCB does not make any sense to me on our to setup. There site at least to me doesn't speak English and the Youtube tutorial they list in the forums goes threw at 100 miles and hour and doesn't explains what or why they are typing and doing whatever there doing. I've used GameEx for years now as well and never had any problems with them. THought it would be great to have everything integrated with XBMC but again RCB doesn't make any sense on how to setup. I've pointed to my emulators and rom folders for various games but nothing loads and I"m assuming it has to do with what's typed into the boxes after you make your emulator and rom folder selections. Any help or a point to a actual helpful tutorial with better explanations would be much appreciated.