Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-13, 07:59)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
n1md4 Wrote:MAME
How to add MAME roms with offline game descriptions
I have successfully scraped a ROM, but don't have local artwork. Is there a Linux alternative to the packaged used to download art?

It's also not launching games, if some one can help me by checking the log it would be appreciated
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17154
Make sure that you add your rom path to your mame.ini file and the path to your mame.ini should be included in RCBs emu params. Check Angelscrys guide for more info.

I have this working now.

n1md4 Wrote:Additionally, I have just noticed that there are thousands of these (of different game names) is xbmc.log, and they're stopping me launching RCB. Is there a way to stop this behaviour?
May 9 01:12:06 tag_xbmc_log: 01:12:06 T:2780244800 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: buster
May 9 01:12:06 tag_xbmc_log: 01:12:06 T:2780244800 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game Buster was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.
This should only occure during game import. It is the nature of the offline file parser. It walks through the whole file from top to bottom and checks what games are present in your collection.

I have removed this, as it's such a large file.

n1md4 Wrote:Scummvm
I would like to add my ScummVm ROM collection scraped with RCB, but have not been successful. Has any one done this?
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...mmVM#Linux
I did not yet do this myself. What are your problems?

I have this working now.

n1md4 Wrote:Steam
Lastly, I have the Steam client working, but is there a way to launch Steam games, without the Steam UI?
Somebody mentioned that you could add your steam games by using a "*.url" file extension (see here). But I did not try this myself as I don't have any steam games. If you got this working it would be nice if you could post a more detailed instruction that I could add to the FAQ.

I have this working using the Advanced Launcher, if you don't mind converting the syntax:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1420373
n1md4 - how did you setup ScummVM?
(2013-05-15, 03:07)Necromancyr Wrote: [ -> ]n1md4 - how did you setup ScummVM?

I used the Advanced Launcher, but the principles will be the same:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1419496
Thanks n1md4.

I have one suggestion for the addon. The addition of a 'loading games' dialog which captures input while games in the selected filter load and doesn't let navigation occur until the load is complete would be nice. On my HTPC (not a super powered HTPC) it doesn't take long for the games to load (10-15 seconds), but navigating when it's doing so seems to cause a hard-freeze in XBMC. Computers fine, but XBMC just locks up. (This seems to happen whenever skin parts aren't fully loaded and you try to navigate to them...annoying as hell but something that might be addressable in this case.)

One more - have it setup so that when you press the key to set something as watched in movie sets, it sets it as a favorite in RCB. Smile Would make assigning favorites MUCH easier.
Anyone using SNES9x with RCB? I'm wondering how to exit it easily since you can't change the exit hotkey.
Since my mednafen setup doesn't work, I wonder if there is anyone out there who has experience with setting up retro-arch in ubuntu minimal to run with RCB. I know Dondi has done a lot with it, but I think his system is Windows based?

I have posted this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165163
malte Wrote:You should make sure that your disks are named the same way to make it easier (all "disc" or all "_Disk"). If you use "_Disk" your correct disk indicator should be "_Disk*." (without ""). If you use "disc" the correct one should be "disc*." (without "").
Alright I have named the the disk indicator "Disk*." ,but now it doesn't even load any disk.  Iv'e tried putting it back to the way it was before but even then it doesn't load.  The disc indicator before said "_Disk*".  
Post removed to combine my question in one post below.
Post Updated - Previous posts were hard to decipher, I've cleaned it up and combined some questions Smile

Questions I had but solved, compiled in case others have same questions:

Problem:
Artwork that I change locally does not seem to change.
Solution: Items were going into XBMC cache, clearing the textures cache file fixed this issue.

Problem: Videos not playing in some skins
Solution: Found previous post saying that skinners must correct this in their own themes. For now use a theme where it does work (I am using Aeon MQ4)

Problem: I had asked if there was a way to scrape with an XML file from Hyperlist (Hyperspins XML database) because of issues I was having with artwork in the above question about cache.
Solution: Since I corrected the cache problem above I didn't have that issue any more..but also found on the wiki how to use gamedesc text files which had helped a lot in scraping.

Problems or Questions still unresolved:

Problem: Is it possible for me to redirect the launcher file to another file instead of applaunch-vbs.bat. I want to write a small VBS script that is invisible that runs applaunch-vbs.bat so that I don't have a DOS box popping up.

Problem: One new question is with Aeon, on the mode that shows video, the little box placeholder for video is larger than the video size..is there a way to modify this so they fit together. See image
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171...ef2e66.jpg

Problem: What does the message Control with id: 1100 could not be found mean every time I launch a game?

Problem: Save states don't work, I assume this is due to the script copying the rom file to a temp folder in appdata... but I can't seem to make it work no matter what. I don't want the popup in RCB asking about save states I want to be able to use normal savestates as I can in my emu (Zsnes in this case) as normal...I can't figure a way to do this aside from putting my save states in the tmp folder. (Edit tried copying to tmp they still don't work. They work fine when emulator is launched by itself...but from XBMC RCB..they won't)

For the record I can get saves working when I put in all the savestate params in the options, where when I launch a game it asks me which save to load. But I want to just load my saves IN GAME like normal without that menu popping up on game launch..is that possible? (Then again, the menu is kinda cool...however I might rather it just launch the last save then give me a list)

Thanks for your patience and awesome plugin Smile
(2013-05-14, 15:20)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-14, 15:14)n1md4 Wrote: [ -> ]Try launching the game in solo mode? That's an RCB config change.
I tried that ... didn't do anything for me Confused
Make sure the file applaunch.sh is executable. Otherwise it won't do anything. This file should be in your userdata folder.

But I am not sure if solo mode will work with Ubuntu minimal as XBMC may be acting as the window manager and if you kill XBMC there is no window manager that can handle the emulator. A solution to this might be to install a light weight window manager like openbox. I think there was some guide to this digged here in the thread.

Necromancyr Wrote:I have one suggestion for the addon. The addition of a 'loading games' dialog which captures input while games in the selected filter load and doesn't let navigation occur until the load is complete would be nice. On my HTPC (not a super powered HTPC) it doesn't take long for the games to load (10-15 seconds), but navigating when it's doing so seems to cause a hard-freeze in XBMC. Computers fine, but XBMC just locks up. (This seems to happen whenever skin parts aren't fully loaded and you try to navigate to them...annoying as hell but something that might be addressable in this case.)
Yes, this is annoying. But I am not sure if I will be able to do something like this. But I will check (when I have more time again).

Necromancyr Wrote:One more - have it setup so that when you press the key to set something as watched in movie sets, it sets it as a favorite in RCB. Would make assigning favorites MUCH easier.
I don't really understand what you mean. Can you explain it once more?

TheDoctorFrosty Wrote:Alright I have named the the disk indicator "Disk*." ,but now it doesn't even load any disk. Iv'e tried putting it back to the way it was before but even then it doesn't load. The disc indicator before said "_Disk*".
There seems to be an error in my regex. Trying "Disk*." with "Final Fantasy IX_Disk 1.iso" always results in "Disk" (without number). Using "Disk *." instead shows up "Disk 1" as desired. This still won't work if you have games with more than 9 disks because it will only show the first number.

@NewYears1978:
Thanks for your questions and answers. Just had no time to go into this in detail. I hope I will get it tomorrow.
(2013-05-21, 08:39)malte Wrote: [ -> ]@NewYears1978:
Thanks for your questions and answers. Just had no time to go into this in detail. I hope I will get it tomorrow.

No worries I know we all have real life....glad you read my posts after I rewrote them, before was an mess of my randomness Wink
Will keep checking for any answers you may have - thanks for your time and effort and great plugin.
Finally fixed setup, and man this rounds out the HTPC nicely

Thanks to those posting their parameters in this thread (I used Dondi's for Project 64 and retroarch) I don't have tons of games, just my favorites from nes, snes, n64, genesis

Something I just added to my system for the first time is Steam/Origin. Lots of people dumping their never settle coupons on ebay, so I picked up Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Blood Dragon for $24 happily. I've been out of "real" PC gaming for a while, but it's nice to tax the hardware for once.

The problem I have is not related to RCB, forgive me for posting/cluttering but reading around this seems like a good place to ask for help

I followed the instructions to create shortcuts in a C:\Games folder and RCB scrapes them just fine. The problem I have is Origin won't launch Crysis 3 from any shortcuts (not even the one it created on the desktop). It's quite frustrating, but I let origin auto-start and auto-login everytime. With it running, clicking the crysis 3 desktop shortcut doesn't work. Clicking the exe from the program files installation folder doesn't work. The only way to actually play the game (for me) right now is to plug in a mouse and click the stinkin Crysis 3 game inside the Origin window. If I do that, the game starts and plays just fine. If I try *any* shortcut instead I get the following error: "Cryinput.dll failed to load"

Google is not my friend on this issue as *tons* of the search hits are crack related. After adding -crack to the query, the remaining search hits are people who cannot load the game *at all* and plenty of complaints towards EA/Origin. It basically works for me, I just can't get the shortcuts to work which is essential for RCB. Anyone else had/fixed this problem?
Sadly, maybe the solution is to crack the game and then try running it. :/
is it just me or its just launching the RCB is so slow? i mean hitting enter on RCB takes a while to launch. it kinda takes you out of the mood from playing anymore Sad
(2013-05-22, 02:18)Necromancyr Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, maybe the solution is to crack the game and then try running it. :/

The thought definitely crossed my mind

I've isolated the problem further. It wasn't a problem with the icons. It was the fact that I was trying to launch shortcuts without a mouse plugged in. If I double click the shortcuts with a mouse they launch fine. If the mouse is unplugged and I press enter pm the keyboard then I get the error. Strange