Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmmm i dont see anything mentioning this?

Could you be a bit more specific?

When I go into addon area I see 4 headings with general, import games, browse games, launch games.

Nothing really indicating what to scrape.

I swear this was easier 2 months ago, whenever i added a new emulator it let me setup all of them on creation.
(2013-05-29, 09:50)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm i dont see anything mentioning this?

Could you be a bit more specific?

When I go into addon area I see 4 headings with general, import games, browse games, launch games.

Nothing really indicating what to scrape.

I swear this was easier 2 months ago, whenever i added a new emulator it let me setup all of them on creation.

Yeah sorry, it's in the options within RCB itself, not the addons :S Edit Rom collection I believe, I'd be more specific but due to my problem my RCB crashes while loading list Big Grin
I see an option to point to other artwork but not to actually scrape it? Maybe im missing something obvious here.

And I also added a bunch of videos to my collection, about 150 using the emu movies program, i pointed to them in RCB but only about 10 of them are working?

This addon is so close to being perfect, just a few frustrating/confusing issues yet setting it up.
Ok got the videos working, appears i had to follow the directions and set local artwork to only the first selection under import, whenever I set all 3 scrapers to local artwork, the videos would not import.

Still cannot get anything to download/scrape for genesis other then boxart though....
I redid my super nintendo roms to see if it was a genesis problem, but like genesis all I am getting is boxart front when I create an emulator library, and I cannot for the life of me get any of the other art previously this addon would scrape.
i tried this RCB last night on my win7 x64 tv-pc and it works great! nice work Smile, only tried it with mame and i have a little problem here, i can get as far as selecting the game, starting it, but once i get to "insert coin" or "start 1 player" there's no button on the 360 controller that does the job Sad meaning i have to get up and find a keyboard to press those things (yeah im a couch potato)

once coins are inserter and game startet, the 360 controller works fine Smile

problem returns when i want to end it, nothing on 360 controller does it and yet again i have to get up and press esc on a keyboard

is there a solution for this, or should i try another mame build?

anyway it does looks promising for having a quick game between watching tv or movies without ever getting up from couch Smile, if i can get these things working with the 360 controller, i DID try to search but only found mixed confusing information involving using 3rd part programs to emulate esc and such, hope there's a better way.

-Deco
Press tab while in mame to bring up the option, and remap the buttons for coins there. I ba we mine mapped to start and select. To close emators I use a button mapped on my remote via eventghost to launch a batch which kills any emulators running.
Hello! I checked the FAQ, and couldnt find the issue there. My problem is that some games launch, other dont. Ie. Super Mario Bros launches but not the sequel. They are both in the same ROM collection, so have the same launcha arguments and same emulator. All i can see is "Launching Super Mario Bros 2", but nothing happens. Still in XBMC with remotes working there.

Any tips? Smile Sorry if this has been asked before.
I cant even get mame to scrape games, I also cant get virtualboy to scrape gameboy games, yet it will scrape gameboy color games. Also, I have tried the inipath in parameters. I pointed it exactly to where the ni file was in folder created. I dont know.
Thanks for the great add-on! After some tweaking, I was able to get RCB to launch ROM's via Snes9x on my mac. What would be super helpful is, a way to quit Snes9x and return to XBMC via the remote. I'm running XBMC on a Mac Mini with a Harmony One remote. Right now, I'm having to pause the ROM and Cmd+Q to close out of SNES via the keyboard.
Thanks at all that chime in to help out here in the thread. I am sorry, but I have absolutely no time to do any support these days. I hope I will be back in the middle of June with more time again. If you have any questions or issues just keep on posting here. Maybe some of the others are able to help and I will also try to check all unanswered questions when i am back.
(2013-05-30, 16:29)Mixy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I checked the FAQ, and couldnt find the issue there. My problem is that some games launch, other dont. Ie. Super Mario Bros launches but not the sequel. They are both in the same ROM collection, so have the same launcha arguments and same emulator. All i can see is "Launching Super Mario Bros 2", but nothing happens. Still in XBMC with remotes working there.

Any tips? Smile Sorry if this has been asked before.

I would first make sure that they are in the same ROM format. Make sure you have both *.nes and *.zip entered into your RCB NES ROM type. I don't know if they come in any other format, but if they do, make sure that is entered as well.

(2013-05-30, 22:50)MofoJack Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the great add-on! After some tweaking, I was able to get RCB to launch ROM's via Snes9x on my mac. What would be super helpful is, a way to quit Snes9x and return to XBMC via the remote. I'm running XBMC on a Mac Mini with a Harmony One remote. Right now, I'm having to pause the ROM and Cmd+Q to close out of SNES via the keyboard.

Hm, I don't know anything about Snes9x, but I know with ZSNES I can just push a mapped button on my remote to open the menu then go down to exit with the navigation buttons. It is the next best thing. Maybe you can do that with Snes9x? Map a button on your remote for Cmd+Q so you don't have to use the keyboard?
(2013-05-31, 21:23)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks at all that chime in to help out here in the thread. I am sorry, but I have absolutely no time to do any support these days. I hope I will be back in the middle of June with more time again. If you have any questions or issues just keep on posting here. Maybe some of the others are able to help and I will also try to check all unanswered questions when i am back.

You were always able to resolve my issues, i hope you get some time again.

I just cant get anything to scrape other then boxart, been trying for a week Sad
(2013-06-01, 01:38)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-31, 21:23)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks at all that chime in to help out here in the thread. I am sorry, but I have absolutely no time to do any support these days. I hope I will be back in the middle of June with more time again. If you have any questions or issues just keep on posting here. Maybe some of the others are able to help and I will also try to check all unanswered questions when i am back.

You were always able to resolve my issues, i hope you get some time again.

I just cant get anything to scrape other then boxart, been trying for a week Sad

Go into RCB > Edit Rom Collection > Import Game Data > Go down to media type and scroll through the different types. Are boxfront, screenshot etc there or is it just boxart? If it's just boxfront you can go to add media path and add more, like screenshot, cartridge etc. It should scrape then.
Thanks for the reply. For nintendo those paths are there, inside those folders are 2 to 3 images of artwork for out of 200 scrapped roms....When i originally set this up i had way more. Somethings wrong with this program or the scraper websites imo.

Now for snes and genesis those paths are in fact in rcb, but no folders at all for them when I check those paths in windows, indicating it found no images for them and did not scrape any.

I appreciate the help in this, i dont know if you have time or would want to but i bet if you have snes or genesis and delete your rom collection and try to rescape and reimport it you will end up with a bunch of images not scrapped anymore.

Its all i can think is the problem...If someone else can try and let me know. The real reason is when i scrapped super nes back in janurary it found everything, and every image. Now its missing a ton of images.