Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NewYears1978,

The best option I found to keep the several releases of the same game lo launch with RCB its to merge them. No-Intro dat files (I think that you're using them) have an option under Downloads named P/Clone XML. Its a dat file that could be used with some programs to manage the roms, I use "RomCenter".
Just need to go to "Preferences", "Romsets" and select "Merged", after that "Fix". All your different versions of the same game will be merged in 1 zip file and RCB will ask with one you want to launch.
Don't forget to backup before Wink
toki5 Wrote:for some reason, I cannot get al gmes to scrape within a set. ike for instance super mario 3 wont scrape for the NES rom set even after i have scraped multiple times. also i have multiple games that i cant get to scrape for the playstation 2 rom set. any help would be appreciated
Is the game available at the scraped site? Did you try to rescrape the game in interactive mode?

relaxis Wrote:Hi, I have xbmcbuntu with Frodo 12.2 using intel and nvidia drivers. When I launch rom collection browser after starting up xbmc, it all loads up fine (using snes9x). Then when I exit the emulator, I can't launch rom collection browser again. Just sits there on the program addons screen...
Are you using solo mode? Usually RCB should be still running when you exit the emulator. Can you show me a log file after this happened?

corpgator Wrote:Something is messed up in the latest 2.0.7. I tried adding a collection and it downloaded the artwork and such, but it won't display anything. I have to do a clean database and then it shows all my games. When I switch to that collection, it does nothing until I pick something from one of the filters and then go back to all. Here's the error it's throwing.

The space where the publisher should be is completely blank and sometimes the space for the A-Z filter is blank as well until I remove that collection and then it goes back to normal.

Edit: Ok, the problem is with thegamesdb.net .nfo. When I delete the games from the collection and then re-add them using just archive.vg, everything works fine.
Looks like there is a developer with non-ascii characters in name and that is crashing the list. I will check that.

corpgator Wrote:Sorry to be a pest, but why does music stop when I enter RCB? Any that I have playing is cut off immediately. I would really like to have some ambient video game music playing as I browse my collection.
I guess this is because of automatic video playback in RCB. I should add options which media you want to play when you enter RCB.
is to use the RCB in xbmc android?
or prediction is for development?
filipekav Wrote:is to use the RCB in xbmc android?
or prediction is for development?
Launching games does not work atm. I want to find out how to do this but had no time until now. I hope I will find some time in the next weeks but can't promise.
Another issue: Slideshow screensaver won't run from within RCB. I set it to display game backgrounds. It will show from any other place in XBMC just not from within RCB.

If the screensaver starts while in RCB, the screen goes black, and then if I exit out of RCB, the screen saver should stop, but it won't causing it go take the last image it should have display and slowly pan it across the screen until I hit escape again.
Can RCB deal with uncompressed MAME roms? Each rom set is in a folder and I need to launch my emulator (retroarch) with the name of the folder. I configured the collection with file mask '*' and (of course) RCB now lists each individual .bin rom chunk from within the folder rather than the folder name.

This has probably been asked before, but I can't seem to hit the right search terms. Thanks.
Hi Guys,

I try to get RCB working on my Raspberry since a few days. I have tried with Raspbmc and OpenELEC and with Advanced Launcher and RCB.
I´ve also tried to Install Raspbmc and Advanced Launcher first and then using this tutorial http://blog.petrockblock.com/2013/02/22/...-a-recipe/ to add RetroPi Emulators and start everything with advanced Launcher.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32508 there is also a logfile of trying to run RCB with Raspbmc. Maybe in this case the Problem was using the zsnes.exe??
Edit: Okay that was a problem... It´s an .exe... dont know what i thought...

Anyway, does someone know how to make it work properly? Or isnt it possible till now? I always get the same result like dylanh724. (also with bsnes and yes the linux version xD )
Hi guys! A have a problem with using RCB - after i exit from game XBMC not toggle in fullsceen mode and keep running in a window 800x600 or something around it. Somebody else have similar issue? Platform - GNU/linux, and sorry for my bad english.
Hey everyone, I'm having an issue getting Dolphin working. I've read through as much of this thread as was practical and wasn't able to come up with a solution.

I have the latest build and it happens with both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7. Every time I go to launch a Gamecube game, it allows me to select the .iso but then nothing happens. The emu doesn't open; there are no error messages. All of my other emulators are working perfectly. Really odd.

If you have any insight, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
corpgator Wrote:Another issue: Slideshow screensaver won't run from within RCB. I set it to display game backgrounds. It will show from any other place in XBMC just not from within RCB.

If the screensaver starts while in RCB, the screen goes black, and then if I exit out of RCB, the screen saver should stop, but it won't causing it go take the last image it should have display and slowly pan it across the screen until I hit escape again.
Sounds like a side effect of the issue that scripts won't run while RCB is running. I wil try to check this but as already said I am not sure if I can do anything about this.

jfath Wrote:Can RCB deal with uncompressed MAME roms? Each rom set is in a folder and I need to launch my emulator (retroarch) with the name of the folder. I configured the collection with file mask '*' and (of course) RCB now lists each individual .bin rom chunk from within the folder rather than the folder name.
There is an option that you can access via "Edit Rom Collection" dialog. It is called "Use foldername as gamename". You could try to check this option before importing the games. Problem is, that RCB will still look for files to import and you have to specify a file mask. If there are any files with the same file mask in every folder (like *.bin or similar) you could try to use this to import the games.

You should also use "%GAME%" instead of "%ROM%" in your launch parameters.

minnime Wrote:I try to get RCB working on my Raspberry since a few days. I have tried with Raspbmc and OpenELEC and with Advanced Launcher and RCB.
I´ve also tried to Install Raspbmc and Advanced Launcher first and then using this tutorial http://blog.petrockblock.com/2013/02/22/...-a-recipe/ to add RetroPi Emulators and start everything with advanced Launcher.
Did you get it to work with Advanced Launcher? Afaik it is not yet working with RCB or ALA as there are issues with launching the games. I already ordered (and received) a Pi for testing this but I did not find the time to get into this.

enso Wrote:Hi guys! A have a problem with using RCB - after i exit from game XBMC not toggle in fullsceen mode and keep running in a window 800x600 or something around it. Somebody else have similar issue? Platform - GNU/linux, and sorry for my bad english.
Sorry, no. It is working for me on Windows and Ubuntu. Can you show me the xbmc.log file?

antwanman12 Wrote:Hey everyone, I'm having an issue getting Dolphin working. I've read through as much of this thread as was practical and wasn't able to come up with a solution.

I have the latest build and it happens with both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7. Every time I go to launch a Gamecube game, it allows me to select the .iso but then nothing happens. The emu doesn't open; there are no error messages. All of my other emulators are working perfectly. Really odd.
Did you try this?
Would it be possible to add a kiosk mode? When family/friends use Rom Collection Browser and accidentally go into the side menus they get confused, it would be really nice to have it fool proof. When you don't have a huge collection the filter isn't essential (or perhaps when you press up it just has a left/right system selector with icons).

Also I know this is a long shot malte but would you consider ever making a standalone version? RCB is the best frontend by far and it would be great to a streamlined version, free of XBMC for dedicated gaming/cabinet setups.
Rikrok Wrote:Would it be possible to add a kiosk mode? When family/friends use Rom Collection Browser and accidentally go into the side menus they get confused, it would be really nice to have it fool proof. When you don't have a huge collection the filter isn't essential (or perhaps when you press up it just has a left/right system selector with icons).
Maybe something like this will come when there is a dashboard as a start page. This will add a start page where you can select the console and maybe I could add an option not to show the filters on the games page.

Rikrok Wrote:Also I know this is a long shot malte but would you consider ever making a standalone version? RCB is the best frontend by far and it would be great to a streamlined version, free of XBMC for dedicated gaming/cabinet setups.
No, I don't think so. RCB is only able to look nice because XBMC is providing all the skinning candy. So a standalone version would just be an XBMC version where all other features are ripped off. And it does not feel right to release a huge C++ program that does nothing else than starting a python script Smile.

As a workaround it should be easy to create a modified skin start page that does not provide all the other stuff but immediately starts RCB. Or I could add an auto start option in RCB service.

Maybe the skinning option could be the way to go when RetroPlayer provides a games db and is fully integrated in XBMC.
(2013-07-02, 16:00)Rikrok Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add a kiosk mode? When family/friends use Rom Collection Browser and accidentally go into the side menus they get confused, it would be really nice to have it fool proof. When you don't have a huge collection the filter isn't essential (or perhaps when you press up it just has a left/right system selector with icons).

Also I know this is a long shot malte but would you consider ever making a standalone version? RCB is the best frontend by far and it would be great to a streamlined version, free of XBMC for dedicated gaming/cabinet setups.

Try confluence mod, there's a picture in my signature of it xbmc being used as a games/ROM frontend (you can remove the Settings item too).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147628
(2013-07-03, 06:33)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
Rikrok Wrote:Would it be possible to add a kiosk mode? When family/friends use Rom Collection Browser and accidentally go into the side menus they get confused, it would be really nice to have it fool proof. When you don't have a huge collection the filter isn't essential (or perhaps when you press up it just has a left/right system selector with icons).
Maybe something like this will come when there is a dashboard as a start page. This will add a start page where you can select the console and maybe I could add an option not to show the filters on the games page.

Rikrok Wrote:Also I know this is a long shot malte but would you consider ever making a standalone version? RCB is the best frontend by far and it would be great to a streamlined version, free of XBMC for dedicated gaming/cabinet setups.
No, I don't think so. RCB is only able to look nice because XBMC is providing all the skinning candy. So a standalone version would just be an XBMC version where all other features are ripped off. And it does not feel right to release a huge C++ program that does nothing else than starting a python script Smile.

As a workaround it should be easy to create a modified skin start page that does not provide all the other stuff but immediately starts RCB. Or I could add an auto start option in RCB service.

Maybe the skinning option could be the way to go when RetroPlayer provides a games db and is fully integrated in XBMC.

That would be nice and have it play music when it starts and I'd be in emulator heaven. Thanks again for all the work on this.
Can someone help me with the Multi Disc feature? I can not get it to work. Working with final fantasy 7

I have my disk indicator set to "_Disk" the default setting.
I have 3 folders all named, Final Fantasy VII_Disk1, Final Fantasy VII_Disk2, Final Fantasy VII_Disk3
Inside the folder I have two files, cue and bin. I have the cues and bins named the same as the folders.
I launch the cue as my "rom" in the epsxe emulator. I only scan for cue files not bin.

After scraping my PS games, it adds FF7, then when I click on it it only brings up three selections, _Disk _Disk _Disk, then after selecting any of the three it only boots up disc 1. Should it label each disk as disk1...disk 2 etc.?

**Solved** I changed the disk indicator to "CD." and then changed my file names to Final Fantasy VII CD1 Final Fantasy VII CD2 Final Fantasy VII CD3