Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-20, 10:45)malte Wrote: [ -> ]You could edit config.xml manually and remove the content of emulatorCmd. This will just invoke the .bat files. Your emulatorCmd should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorCmd></emulatorCmd>

Please show me logs of your other issues. Otherwise I can't help.

IIRC, the addon can't launch .bat files that way; I fixed it changing these lines in lib/launcher.py

Code:
                elif (romCollection.name == 'Linux' or romCollection.name == 'Macintosh' or romCollection.name == 'Windows'):
                    cmd = replacePlaceholdersInParams(emuCommandLine, rom, romCollection, gameRow, escapeCmd)
                else:
                    cmd = '\"' +emuCommandLine +'\" ' +emuParams.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))

to

Code:
                elif (romCollection.name == 'Linux' or romCollection.name == 'Macintosh' or romCollection.name == 'Windows'):
                    cmd = replacePlaceholdersInParams(emuCommandLine, rom, romCollection, gameRow, escapeCmd)
                elif (emuCommandLine == ''):
                    cmd = emuParams.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))
                else:
                    cmd = '\"' +emuCommandLine +'\" ' +emuParams.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))
Uukrul, could you tell me exactly where to go to put this code in?
c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py
thank you. i have another question, what if i want to do famicon outside of nes? as two seperate emulators?
Im getting script failed trying to open rcb after putting this, I cannot get rcb to open now.
ive had to get rcb uninstalled and re installed to get it running. phew
(2013-07-21, 03:23)dishwater63 Wrote: [ -> ]1 more side question. Is there a way to clean up the transition from xbmc to the emulator? There's no error, it launches the emulator just fine, but when the screen goes black there's a small terminal box that pops up, then the game launches. Same with closing the emulator. Just curious, it's not a big issue. Don't know if there's a certain bat file that's running in the background if I could squeeze a /silence in the code so the box doesn't pop up at all.

I have been using a VB script to hide terminal windows, but I've been unable to get it to work with RCB as applaunch-vbs.bat needs to be run via the VB script and arguments passed on. A windows pops up for a fraction of a second the disappears.

launchhidden.vbs:
Code:
CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, False

I've also removed the timeouts in applaunch-vbs.bat to speed things up. Hasn't caused me any issues.

Code:
@echo off
Title Running %*

set XBMCLaunchCmd="C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

echo Stopping XBMC...
echo.
taskkill /f /IM xbmc.exe>nul 2>nul

echo Starting %*...
echo.
%*

echo Restarting XBMC...
cscript //B //Nologo "%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\scriptfiles\LaunchXBMC.vbs" %XBMCLaunchCmd%

(2013-07-21, 13:42)Uukrul Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-20, 10:45)malte Wrote: [ -> ]You could edit config.xml manually and remove the content of emulatorCmd. This will just invoke the .bat files. Your emulatorCmd should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorCmd></emulatorCmd>

Please show me logs of your other issues. Otherwise I can't help.

IIRC, the addon can't launch .bat files that way

Launching bat files with emulatorCmd works for me, have you tried it?
I have no idea what im doing wrong. So I have RCB on openelec on my raspberry pi. i gave it a path to zsnes.exe (or whatever its called) and i gave it a path to a rom folder. I then let it scrape the images for the roms and everything looks fine and dandy in my collection (cover art, etc). When I click on a game to play it, the screen turns small, blackscreens for a few seconds, then returns me to my game collection. Please help me i dont know what to do.
i have tried putting that line just like malte shows. it did not work for me. i will try it again. i am having trouble with this daphne emulator anyways, i have managed to load these games manually into the daphne loader.
(2013-07-22, 06:13)toki5 Wrote: [ -> ]i have tried putting that line just like malte shows. it did not work for me. i will try it again. i am having trouble with this daphne emulator anyways, i have managed to load these games manually into the daphne loader.

Do your bat files work from the command line?
And post the contents of it.
Anything in the xbmc log with RCB debugging enabled?
ok, Im not sure to run it from the command line. They work from the folder they are placed in. I chalked that down to being associated to the extra folders with the daphne loader in another folder within that same folder. I put these bat files into rcb while still in these folders because when i move them, they wont start on their own in or outside of rcb. i have manually setup all files to run these games from daphne launcher without the bat files also. this is about the extent i have been with them. i tried the suggestion again with <emulatorCmd></emulatorCmd> , again it did not work.
Try changing to the directory daphne is in before launching it in the batch file and include the full pathname, eg:

cd /d "c:\emulation\emulators\SSF"

"c:\emulation\emulators\SSF\SSF.exe"
fatal error! unknown argument
Post the batch file.
bluestarCVO Wrote:Hello everyone. Forgive me if this has already been covered somewhere. I'm trying to add some standalone games to RCB, such as Call of Duty. How would I actually go about doing this if it can even be done? Thanks for any help or information.
No problem. It is covered here

Uukrul Wrote:IIRC, the addon can't launch .bat files that way; I fixed it changing these lines in lib/launcher.py
You may be right. I am not sure if I tested it with bat files that are not PC games. But I have in mind that other users already did it like this without issues. Will have to test this myself.

danschewy Wrote:I have no idea what im doing wrong. So I have RCB on openelec on my raspberry pi. i gave it a path to zsnes.exe (or whatever its called) and i gave it a path to a rom folder. I then let it scrape the images for the roms and everything looks fine and dandy in my collection (cover art, etc). When I click on a game to play it, the screen turns small, blackscreens for a few seconds, then returns me to my game collection. Please help me i dont know what to do.
Atm I think it is not possible to launch games on RPi. I found this blog entry that seems to have a solution on raspbian. Not sure if it works at all or if it is useful on openelec as well.

toki5 Wrote:fatal error! unknown argument
Again, we can't help you without looking at your log and config files. If you want us to help, please show us your xbmc.log, config.xml and your bat files.

@all:
I know I should only post one call for donations per month but as I haven't done this for years I think it is ok to break this rule today. The guys from thegamesdb.net had some issues with the site being hacked in the last weeks. So they had to move to a new server and need some money to make sure the service will be available in the future. If you did not already spend your last bucks for archive.vg last week you are welcome to have a look at gogetfunding.com to help out.