Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
waal Wrote:The only problem I have is that the solo mode isn't working. The game doesn't launch at all when I enable <useEmuSolo> to "True". Otherwise, the launch sequence is good but I'd like to close XBMC while the emu is running.
Not sure if it is the same on the mac, but maybe you have to make sure that applaunch.sh is executable?

There is nearly no RCB output in the log file. Did you use log level error or warning when you created the log file? You should set it to info. Otherwise there is too little information.

dylanh724 Wrote:Can anyone give me a summary with a few links of what's up lately when using this with rPi? Are these downloadable extensions yet? 50 pages ago hinted about it.

Can this be used with openelec xbmc? If not, what do you recommend for raspberry pi?
On the RCB issues page some people reported to have it working with Xbian on RPi: at the end of the page.

The solution is based on a report from stmlabs forum: link. I guess this is using raspbmc.

Another successful report came from this blog entry. This time it is Raspbian.

Atm I don't have any reports about openelec. But maybe some of the solutions above can be adapted to work on openelec, too.

milkybar1983 Wrote:just installed RCB v2.07 on win32 build of Retroplayer 7 but it now appears as a 'game plugin' rather than a 'program plugin'

Does anyone know how to add this to the main menu? game plugin is not an option under 'item type' in the skin customiser
I guess there are no skins that are already up to speed with retroplayer builds. To get around this issue you could modify RCBs addon.xml and remove this line:
Code:
<provides>game</provides>

speed32219 Wrote:Using RomCollectiionBrowser 2.0.7 or latest testing one (not sure of the version numbers) I get the following error after importing ROMs and selecting a game/rom to play. I also can not find the solo setup and it is launching in Windowed mode. I did also install the program needed for Eden to work properly thinking maybe I needed that also.

ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)

The http api was removed in Frodo I believe. But this is my first go at it, do I need to setup a snes type of emulator or multiple ones?
The httpapi error can be ignored. RCB tries to use this method first for backward compatibility with older XBMC releases.

Yes, you will need to setup an emulator for every system you want to emulate (or one emulator that is able to emulate multiple systems). Angelscry set up a nice list of emulators for most platforms including some basic configuration hints. You can find it here.
Hi there Malte,

Are there still issues with Unicode characters in RCB? I'm using a synopsis file and parser (not online scraping) and it appears that any game that has any unicode characters anywhere in it's synopsis is not getting scraped.

Also, it appears that games that start with " ' " do not scrape either, for example: 'Nam 1965-1975.
Tomkun Wrote:Hi there Malte,

Are there still issues with Unicode characters in RCB? I'm using a synopsis file and parser (not online scraping) and it appears that any game that has any unicode characters anywhere in it's synopsis is not getting scraped.
You mean games like Pokémon? Yes, this is still a problem. I tried not to break the complete scrape process but scraping of these games still does not work. Maybe I have better results when I have finished my new scrapers and database layout.

Tomkun Wrote:Also, it appears that games that start with " ' " do not scrape either, for example: 'Nam 1965-1975.
I have to test this. Never tried a game with this name.
Malte Wrote:
Tomkun Wrote:Also, it appears that games that start with " ' " do not scrape either, for example: 'Nam 1965-1975.
I have to test this. Never tried a game with this name.

Actually, you can forget about that - it was my mistake.
RE: The games with non-ascii characters, it seems that it won't accept anything that's not in the US-Ascii set. As long as I know it's easy enough to convert.
As you know I'm creating a new parser, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't my mistake.

By the way, in testing I came across, not a bug exactly, but something that didn't work as expected. The 'Max Folder Depth' doesn't just affect depth, but also the number of subdirectories in one folder.

For example, assuming max depth is set to 4.
<GAMES>
----<GAME1> (works)
----<GAME2> (works)
----<GAME3> (works)
----<GAME4> (doesn't work)

Whereas they are all less than 4 deep if you see what I mean.
Nice catchSmile. I will add this to my list.
(2013-07-29, 07:41)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
waal Wrote:The only problem I have is that the solo mode isn't working. The game doesn't launch at all when I enable <useEmuSolo> to "True". Otherwise, the launch sequence is good but I'd like to close XBMC while the emu is running.
Not sure if it is the same on the mac, but maybe you have to make sure that applaunch.sh is executable?

There is nearly no RCB output in the log file. Did you use log level error or warning when you created the log file? You should set it to info. Otherwise there is too little information.

I've just made applaunch.sh executable and launched XBMC then RCB but nothing happened.

I've set the log file to 'info' this time: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40850

And this is my config.xml: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40853
I can't see any errors in the logs. What file did you make executable?

There is one file at:
"/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/scriptfiles"

and before launching a game with solo mode the first time this file will be copied to:
"/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles"

Make sure that you edit the file in the userdata directory.
I edited the .sh file in the userdata directory for sure. I will check again later to be sure but I remember setting the permissions to execute for every kind of users (not only admin).

My OS is OSX Lion 10.7.5. Maybe there's something that's not correctly triggered.
I may be dumb but I can't seem to find this anywhere even after searching.

Is there any way to allow XBMC to control the Emulator so if I press "back" on my remote that it will close the emulator and return focus to XBMC?

On another note, the browser used to just overlay the emulator over XBMC without flashing XBMC into windowed mode and all that jazz. Is that some sort of setting that I'm missing? Thanks.
(2013-08-02, 06:45)Bloodlvst Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to allow XBMC to control the Emulator so if I press "back" on my remote that it will close the emulator and return focus to XBMC?

If you assign whatever keypress the "back" button on your remote issues to "quit" in your emulator this will work. I assigned several media keys on my keyboard to functions in snes9x (Linux) so that "home" quits, "stop" resets, "pause" pauses the game, "back" loads the latest savestate, etc.
Hey fellas,

I've been trying to import my rather large collection of MAME roms by following the HowToAddMAMEOffline wiki page, and it all works very well except for one thing: after each scanned file around 3MB of memory is leaked. This means that after around 2000 files I run out of RAM - but not out of files to scan.

My workaround is to cancel the import after a while and start again. [edit]This includes restarting XBMC as well.[/edit] It works, but is somewhat annoying. Shall I open a bug? I searched this thread and the tracker but couldn't find any mention of this problem.

I'm running Frodo on Ubuntu 12.04 with RCB 2.0.7.
Hi there...

I have been trying to install a number of ROMs into the ROM Collection Browser on xbmcbuntu and seem to have hit a bit of a wall. I have a selection of ROMs for various platforms, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, MAME to name a few and i have sourced the Emulators for the ROMs too from coolroms.com but i am not sure i have installed the emulators correctly and have no idea how to actually do just that.

This may have been covered in a previous thread but can someone assist with actually how to install an emulator. All the emulators seem to be .exe files (jnes.exe for NES, zsnesw.exe for SNES, Fusion.exe for Genesis and Master System etc) but how do i actually install these emulators? I have been simply pointing the install of the ROMs to the relevant emulator but the games will not load so i can only imagine i am doing something wrong. The ROMs appear in the ROM Collection addon but wont load at all when clicked on.

Any help or guidance would be great... Bit of a newbie so please explain jargon if possible.

Thanks
(2013-08-04, 02:56)arbrandes Wrote: [ -> ]Hey fellas,

I've been trying to import my rather large collection of MAME roms by following the HowToAddMAMEOffline wiki page, and it all works very well except for one thing: after each scanned file around 3MB of memory is leaked. This means that after around 2000 files I run out of RAM - but not out of files to scan.

My workaround is to cancel the import after a while and start again. [edit]This includes restarting XBMC as well.[/edit] It works, but is somewhat annoying. Shall I open a bug? I searched this thread and the tracker but couldn't find any mention of this problem.

I'm running Frodo on Ubuntu 12.04 with RCB 2.0.7.

I'm having this exact same problem, except every time i start the import over it starts back at the beginning so i never get past about 1700 files making it impossible to import everything.
(2013-08-04, 20:17)pork Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having this exact same problem, except every time i start the import over it starts back at the beginning so i never get past about 1700 files making it impossible to import everything.

In my case the import would pick up where it left off, even after a "killall -9 xbmc.bin". If you cancel the import, can you see any games at all in the list?

Theory: the import script can't find any matching roms in the first 1700 entries.
Bloodlvst Wrote:On another note, the browser used to just overlay the emulator over XBMC without flashing XBMC into windowed mode and all that jazz. Is that some sort of setting that I'm missing? Thanks.
This had to be changed with Frodo as the old way did not work anymore on most systems. But I could add a setting, so everybody can try on his own which way works best.

arbrandes Wrote:I've been trying to import my rather large collection of MAME roms by following the HowToAddMAMEOffline wiki page, and it all works very well except for one thing: after each scanned file around 3MB of memory is leaked. This means that after around 2000 files I run out of RAM - but not out of files to scan.
Thanks for reporting, I never noticed this. I will see how I can fix this. But this will not be done in current RCB version anymore as I started to work an a "new" version where I massiveley reworked the whole scraping and import ptocess. I will check if this bug is still reproducable there.

arbrandes Wrote:Shall I open a bug?
No, not necessary. I added this to my list.

phs989 Wrote:This may have been covered in a previous thread but can someone assist with actually how to install an emulator. All the emulators seem to be .exe files (jnes.exe for NES, zsnesw.exe for SNES, Fusion.exe for Genesis and Master System etc) but how do i actually install these emulators? I have been simply pointing the install of the ROMs to the relevant emulator but the games will not load so i can only imagine i am doing something wrong. The ROMs appear in the ROM Collection addon but wont load at all when clicked on.
You can find configuration tips for a lot of emulators here. And please don't name any rom downloading sites here in the thread. RCB was not build to support illegal downloading.

pork Wrote:I'm having this exact same problem, except every time i start the import over it starts back at the beginning so i never get past about 1700 files making it impossible to import everything.
There is a setting in Addon settings: Rescrape already imported games. I guess this is activated on your system?