Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strange bug which I've had for many versions now. Has appeared on multiple skins, and happens on both the version I'm running on my PC and the version I'm running on Android. Basically RCB loads, and shows all the games like normal. Then within 15-60 seconds, all the boxart will be replaced with the default XBMC image and all the game details will blank out to the defaults. No games will be selectable. To resolve it I just have to make a selection on the Filters and the list is refreshed. It never happens twice in the same instance and always happens within 15-60 seconds of RCB loading. Also doesn't always happen. Any ideas? Quite a weird one.
Hi there Malte.

I've come across a couple more potential bugs in the xml scraper.

1) When ROMLister outputs XML it repeats the
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
twice, which causes the scraper to fail. In fact, if that is written anywhere other than the first line, it will fail. I don't know if this is an RCB or ROMLister bug, or if it's even allowed in the XML specifications.

2) Some ROMs have their developed listed as <unknown>, like so:
Code:
<developer><unknown></developer>
This also causes the scraper to fail as I assume it's reading everything between the <> as a tag. Again, I don't know if this is allowed in XML specifications, so I don't know if it's a ROMlister bug or and RCB one.
Hi,

I get this errwor, when trying to start a ROM with Retroplayer:

Code:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 3
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewMode
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewMode
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.saveViewState
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End helper.saveViewState
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewState
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'smb://xxx/Emulation/Roms/No-Intro/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System/2020 Super Baseball (USA).zip',)]
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: smb://xxx/Emulation/Roms/No-Intro/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System/2020 Super Baseball (USA).zip
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Trying to delete temporary rom files
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Treating file as a compressed archive
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'smb://xxx/Emulation/Roms/No-Intro/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System/2020 Super Baseball (USA).zip'
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: roms compressed = []
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd:
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with internal emulator
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error while launching emu: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launcher.launchEmu
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu
15:22:27 T:140587785230080  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7

Why does it say No such file or directory ?
I'm not sure if this has been covered here before, but I have a question about saving my game progress. I'm using Retroarch for snes, genesis, nes, etc., emulation but I can't save my progress in games while using XBMC. I thought maybe there was a problem with the Retroarch program itself, but I've been able to save/load my progress when I access the Retroarch.exe directly instead of going through XBMC. Any help would be appreciated.
I've been searching for an answer but I cannot find anything.

I have a problem. When I enter RCB and it asks for which platform I want to use, I choose SNES.
But when I need to enter the path to the Emulator I cannot choose anything else than the CD-ROM drive.

I cannot go into C: or anything else.
But there is no problem when browsing movies in other places.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

Cheers
(2014-08-09, 20:03)Sinom Wrote: [ -> ]I've been searching for an answer but I cannot find anything.

I have a problem. When I enter RCB and it asks for which platform I want to use, I choose SNES.
But when I need to enter the path to the Emulator I cannot choose anything else than the CD-ROM drive.

I cannot go into C: or anything else.
But there is no problem when browsing movies in other places.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

Cheers

Add the directory as a source in xbmc's file manager.
Thank you for your reply.

That problem is now solved Smile

I can't seem to get the games scraped. But I guess that's a problem with my rom params.

Cheers
Does anyone have a success story to share using Rom Collection Browser with the Amazon Fire TV ? I received the Playstation 4 controller today which I have paired with my Fire TV to play Android games. I'd love to take some old Mame roms out for a spin ! Smile
Hello, \
I've been lurking for a while reading and trying to find out a solution to my issue. The program will scrape initially and build me a library based on the system I chose. Everything works perfectly until I want to do two things.

1) I have some games that do not receive art work at all, even after doing a rescrape where I am involved with choosing the data, you know, it's not the two automatic options. Even if it finds the correct title names, it will not add an image. I have downloaded box art to fit these empty games and do a local art rescrape WITH the box art in the correctly named folder in the correct area and it still will not apply the images.

2) I have cartridge images that I would like to add to the four pane view, I believe the only view that supports that is marque. Either way, I just have questions about telling the program how to add the extra artwork, movies, 3D Box Art.

If anyone could point me to an explanation, that would be very appreciated, as I have checked the sites wiki explaining these items and I was still lost.
Thanks!
(2014-08-10, 00:46)SandmanCL Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a success story to share using Rom Collection Browser with the Amazon Fire TV ? I received the Playstation 4 controller today which I have paired with my Fire TV to play Android games. I'd love to take some old Mame roms out for a spin ! Smile

Check this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183527
I still can't seem to get rescraping artwork to work. I can't for the life of me get certain artwork to update, even when it's there.

xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/WAqGz98G

my config.xml for this romcollection:
Code:
<RomCollection id="2" name="SNES">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>C:\Emulators\Nintendo\SNES9x\snes9x-x64.exe</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>-fullscreen "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\*.ZIP</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\*.SFC</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\*.SMC</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Box Front\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Box Back\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Cart\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Snap\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Fan Art\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="3dbox">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Box_3D\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="title">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Title\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="marquee">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Banner\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="action">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Background\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cabinet">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Advert\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="romcollection">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Rom Collection\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="developer">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Developer\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="publisher">C:\Roms\Nintendo\SNES\Artwork\Publisher\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <usePopen>False</usePopen>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>1</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfobig</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="archive.vg" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="mobygames.com" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>
I used the search function and this question has been asked before but the response was not what I was looking for. I'm running XBMC's most recent stable Windows installation on Windows 7 using RCB to load SNES roms. The problem is, every time the roms load it's always a NEW INSTANCE of the game. This means the in game save functions are not working as each time I close and reopen the game, it's like the game is being started for the first time again.

I was originally using ZSNESw so I installed Snes9X, deleted my RCB setup and redid it with Snes9X but the issue persists. I've fiddled with all of the settings in the config menu and nothing seems to make a difference.

When I load up the emulator outside of XBMC everything works fine in both ZNES and Snes9X.

When this question was asked previously the recommendation was to use savestates. I however do not like savestates as there is no way to ever undo anything and I've gotten stuck in RPGs before.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
I just updated to Kodi am not sure if this is an issue with RCB or not. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues setting RCB up as a custom option on their home menu. It works when going through Add-ons and selecting it but when I try to access it through a custom menu option, Kodi doesn't do anything.
How do i make RCB download poster/cover or whatever it's called for my roms?
i have them working, but it would be nice to see images and not just a text list.
thanks
Hello All, new kid on the block here. Been reviewing post regarding RCB scraping and need help. Currently running latest Gotham and am getting "error: artwork file could not be created" upon initial and follow up ROM scraping. each time i scrape, a new folder shows up in ROM folder (Box art, thumb art, etc) but no actual artwork shows up. The progress bar shows the ROMs being scanned but they do not appear in the RCB main window that should populate said ROMS. Please help. Let me know what you need to investigateSmile This is an amazing program and i has worked in the past on other machines Sad