Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-10, 11:24)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody and happy new year!

I will try to get back into business in the next days. I already installed Kodi and am doing some compatibilty tests. I will also check this thread und the bugtracker for all reported bugs and will try to fix as many bugs as possible to get a stable kodi release out soon (no promises on dates).

If there is some time left I will also try to add some new features that I had in mind for a long time. But I can't promise if this will happen. Atm I don't have enough time to resume full support. That means that I will concentrate on fixing bugs and working on the new release and won't spend much time for reproducing user specific issues. Of course you can continue to post all your issues here, maybe somebody else had the same issue and can help you or if I know the solution without investigation I will not hold it backSmile

Thank you all for reporting bugs and helping each other (and meSmile)!

Hi Malte

Gutes Neues Jahr! : )

The issues with RCB are actually the reason why I'm still holding off on installing Kodi over XBMC Gotham. I can live with it, Gotham is good enough for me, but I'm happy to see that you will work on it even though your time is limited. You can be sure me and all the others here appreciate your efforts very much. That said, I plan on still using Aeon Nox over Confluence, as Aeon Nox allows for editing the main menu items within the skin without having to mess with the files. Could you please look into the wrong placement of the labels? It has been reported before and has to do with RCB only having a template for 720p I believe.

Keep up the good work!
good to hear from you malte. happy new year
Anyone?

(2015-01-11, 21:52)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]I just got this up and running I'm finding when I launch a NES rom the audio and video are very laggy.

I've tried JNES on its own and it works perfect. Any suggestions on why I'm getting lag within Gotham 13.2?

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(2015-01-13, 16:08)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone?

(2015-01-11, 21:52)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]I just got this up and running I'm finding when I launch a NES rom the audio and video are very laggy.

I've tried JNES on its own and it works perfect. Any suggestions on why I'm getting lag within Gotham 13.2?

you may want to put your system specs up and operating system
Highly doubt the hardware is the cause but I'll post it anyways. I've ran JNES on its own and it operated without a hitch. When I launch a game from within RCB it lags big time.

Zotac Zbox Nano ID62
Manufacturer Intel 1.5
Chipset NM70 Express
GPU Intel HD Graphics
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Pro

(2015-01-13, 16:20)joebloggs12 Wrote: [ -> ]

im not 100% sure but im sure your specs may help someone to help you ,have you tried a different skin in xbmc, don't forget your not just running jnes your also running xbmc
have you tried nestopia to see if theres any difference
(2015-01-10, 11:24)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody and happy new year!

I will try to get back into business in the next days. I already installed Kodi and am doing some compatibilty tests. I will also check this thread und the bugtracker for all reported bugs and will try to fix as many bugs as possible to get a stable kodi release out soon (no promises on dates).

If there is some time left I will also try to add some new features that I had in mind for a long time. But I can't promise if this will happen. Atm I don't have enough time to resume full support. That means that I will concentrate on fixing bugs and working on the new release and won't spend much time for reproducing user specific issues. Of course you can continue to post all your issues here, maybe somebody else had the same issue and can help you or if I know the solution without investigation I will not hold it backSmile

Thank you all for reporting bugs and helping each other (and meSmile)!

Awesome, thanks !
(2014-12-17, 16:23)amelain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-10, 19:05)zbuzanic Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after applying RC3 rom collection browser is not launching games at all so stay away from Kodi Big Grin
Use gotham or this addon will NOT work!

Yes it works !
Just delete your mame.ini
edit your rom collection
in emulator params write yours options, mine are : -cheat -skip_gameinfo -noka "%ROM%"

Also had no success getting games to launch under Helix with an Intel NUC running OpenELEC 5. Does this fix anything for anyone?
Hey, I am not able to launch rom collection browser from the main menu in XBMC anymore after upgrading to Kodi.

When I was on 13.2, I set Aeon NOX to have a custom home menu option to launch RCB. Now it doesnt work. Is there a fix for this?
(2015-01-15, 21:25)aoaaron Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I am not able to launch rom collection browser from the main menu in XBMC anymore after upgrading to Kodi.

When I was on 13.2, I set Aeon NOX to have a custom home menu option to launch RCB. Now it doesnt work. Is there a fix for this?

This worked for me:

(2014-12-22, 17:02)pgjensen Wrote: [ -> ]changing following line in addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py fixed the problem:

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':
I've decided to just roll back to 13.2 Gotham. Sad
Wow! Fanastic add-on! Does it work on latest Kodi nightly builds on Ubuntu?
It's was the skin (Aeon MQ5) . As soon as I reverted back to confluence everything worked perfect.

(2015-01-13, 16:24)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]Highly doubt the hardware is the cause but I'll post it anyways. I've ran JNES on its own and it operated without a hitch. When I launch a game from within RCB it lags big time.

Zotac Zbox Nano ID62
Manufacturer Intel 1.5
Chipset NM70 Express
GPU Intel HD Graphics
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Pro

(2015-01-13, 16:20)joebloggs12 Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi. I have a minor problem here. How do I change the game art like fanart, frontbox after I have imported game?
I have tried to delete and change images from fanart folder and then delete the game from context menu and imported again. However, the fanart doesn't change.
(2015-01-17, 14:12)weirdinin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have a minor problem here. How do I change the game art like fanart, frontbox after I have imported game?
I have tried to delete and change images from fanart folder and then delete the game from context menu and imported again. However, the fanart doesn't change.
just replace the images, it should correct itself as soon as the cache clears